GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few issues that I am trying to work thru on my 2013 Volt

- Service Parking Brake: I have been getting a "service parking brake" message.. It turns off, however, as soon as I release the parking brake. WHen I did a diagnostics check with Onstar, they turned up nothing. Does "service parking brake" mean "release parking brake"? Or should I have this checked out. I do get the pop sound that others have reported from rear of car after releasing the brake.

- Remote Start while plugged in: Mentioned this also in a preconditioning thread. the past two mornings, I have tried to remote start the Volt using Iphone onstar app--in an attempt to precondition the car while it is still plugged in. I did not look super closely but I thought I got the message indicating that the signal had been sent but when I check the car in the garage about 10 minutes later, it is not on and does not feel like it has been on (i.e., its cold). When I get in the car to start it that way, I do notice that it indicates that it needs to be charged eventhough it has been plugged in all night - which makes me think that maybe it had started remotely but turned off by the time I got to it. Strange

- Iphone connection: I think this is a common problem and I need to check the other threads but when I plug in my iphone 4s, it always syncs up and I can control it from the center console but the volume does not always play through the car speakers - sometimes it plays through the iphone speaker. I fiddle with it and sometimes I can get the volume transferred over and sometime I cant. I wonder if it is getting confused since it also connects via bluetooth

I love the car but it can be quirky

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I can comment on a couple of those items

Remote start: It only runs for 10 minutes, then shuts off. You can do this twice and then you'll have to start the car the old fashioned way (foot on brake, key fob inside vehicle, press the button). After the first 10 minutes, the battery will need more charging (about 10 minutes worth at 240V).

iPhone: What version of iOS? Oh, I see you said "bluetooth." I don't have that option (2012), wire only. But on the wire it's a little dicey since v6.0.

·
Registered
88 Posts
...Service Parking Brake...
I had that exact same problem. There's a TSB out for it. If you take it to the dealer they will do a software update to take care of it, plus you'll get some free coffee and a wash out of it. Takes about a half-hour.

With the iPhone, you can play your music through bluetooth as well. All the songs and titles show up as well - it's pretty cool and I don't even have to take my phone out of my pocket to play music from it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had that exact same problem. There's a TSB out for it. If you take it to the dealer they will do a software update to take care of it, plus you'll get some free coffee and a wash out of it. Takes about a half-hour..
Thanks. Guess I will need to take it in.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
- Iphone connection: I think this is a common problem and I need to check the other threads but when I plug in my iphone 4s, it always syncs up and I can control it from the center console but the volume does not always play through the car speakers - sometimes it plays through the iphone speaker. I fiddle with it and sometimes I can get the volume transferred over and sometime I cant. I wonder if it is getting confused since it also connects via bluetooth
See this thread on a workaround. It probably isn't a Volt problem and is more likely related to a change in how iOS manages sound devices (perhaps when AirPlay was added) as iOS 5 is when it seemed to start. I've had it happen once in iOS 6 but after some seconds it started playing out of the stereo. This is all with a USB cabled connection to the iOS device. Pausing and unpausing from the dash also sometimes forces it over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts