GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While debadging my Volt, taking only the VOLT emblems off the back for a cleaner look (also was a pain when washing and waxing that area, especially the long thin parts of the "V"), I was flossing the "L" off when it deposited itself, just like a quarter in a piggy bank, in the slot where the rear hatch latches into on the top of the bumper. I hear it drop in like a coin, just great...

So not a big deal, was wondering if it will work itself out while driving and deposit itself on the road or if there was some relatively easy way to access that area inside. Either way, it's very minor...just thought I'd throw this question of whether I can retrieve it or it will work itself out on its own.

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
I don't have an answer to wether the:will work it's way out, but I chose to plastidip my emblem and bow tie rather than debadge it. 5 coats of white and two coats of pearlizer did the trick. It's not as clean debadged, but I like the look and can still prove to the cop that it is indeed a Chevy

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What you did LL probably looks better, for me it was a bit of automotive hygiene enabling me to clean/wax the car easier. I can still prove it's a Chevy as I left the big bow tie on that rear lid. Apparently that "L" wanted to stay part of the car no matter what and for now it's winning.

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
What you did LL probably looks better, for me it was a bit of automotive hygiene enabling me to clean/wax the car easier. I can still prove it's a Chevy as I left the big bow tie on that rear lid. Apparently that "L" wanted to stay part of the car no matter what and for now it's winning.
Yeah, I use Qtips to get into those crevices. Can't get wax too close to the plastidip though, it can chemically break down the dip. .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts