GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a mailing from GM offering up to $3700 with GM Dollars off any car, including the Volt. This is supposed to be able after dealer negotiations.

So, I went to look at a Volt. I am cross shopping a Ford Fusion Energi and I am very comfortable buying Fords for the last 20 years. The lack of a real trunk on the Fusion is moving me away from Fords for the first time in decades..

With the Volt, I want these options: Both Driver Convenience packages, ACC, and High Speed Forward Brake Control.

Dealer A offered $1500 off, but $269 in "doc fees", plus tax, title, etc, then take off my $3700...so, $37914 in all, not including state and federal rebates which are post sale.

Dealer B offered $4187 off a car that had one additional $500 package but with $288 "doc fee" but was not aware of my "GM Dollars".

I am really not sure how the GM Dollars work and do dealers truly honor them...

I just signed up for Massachusetts' Drive Green for yet another Volt which appears to have the options I would like. I have not heard anything yet...and I am also not sure if I can use "GM Dollars with that program...

So, anyone use GM Dollars and get a really good deal on a Volt in Massachusetts, even when using the Drive Green program?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think you need to sign up for "Drive Green" in order to get that pricing. Signing up just puts you on a call list. I just printed out their pricing sheet from the drive green website and brought it with me and never bothered "signing up".

I would start there, then spring the GM Dollars on them. Can't hurt to try. I got the exact car you are describing + Nav from Quirk for $34,525 + $299 Doc fee + 0% financing for 60 months. I certainly wouldn't settle for less than that....
Very good to know...I got $2000 to go to match what you got...I am currently in negotiations with two dealers, but I might add Quirk.

I have had both a 2013 Volt and 2014 Fusion Energi SE, feel free to ping me with any questions you may have or check the long-running thread I have here for my experiences in the Fusion: <snip>

Thanks for link and your comments.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The Volt has been purchased!

I purchased the Volt Premier with the two driver's packages and ACC. MSRP was $40,515. I have a great photo of a Volt with and without ACC and you can see the difference in the front grill.

The car has the navigation package, which I didn't want but wasn't a deal killer. In the end, Quirk Chevrolet gave me $7000 off which included trading in my 2007 Ford Fusion SE AWD. The Fusion has 328,000 miles, so any money for that was amazing.

The $3700 GM Dollars were applied and when they did that, GM sent me an email immediately confirming that they were just redeemed.

I basically purchased the car for $30,000 +plus doc fees ($299), tax, title and registration. Including Federal and Tax rebates, my cost drops to $20,000. I also didn't take the $1000 rebate, but chose the 0% for 60 months mainly because of math and economics... :D

I walked away feeling like I just stole the car...

Pick up on Thursday.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gairoc, You got a heck of a deal on your Volt, yes you stole it!!! How do I get those GM dollars?
It was totally random. I have a GM card that I built up $3000+ GM dollars on, but then I found out there was vehicle limits and I stopped using that card in favor of cash back cards. Slowly, points on that card expired over the years until I just had $700 left.

Last week, I noticed that Ford was having a 0% financing + Rebate sale on the Fusion Energi, and I decided it was time to buy a new car. That very day, Buick mailed me the offer of $3000 additional GM dollars that can be used over the vehicle limit, on top of my $700 GM dollars.

I had received these offers before, but the timing was just not right, and there wasn't really a GM vehicle I was interested in..until the gen 2 Volt and the Bolt. It also coincided with dealers wanting to move Volts off their lots due to deep inventories...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looking to lease a Volt or a Bolt from them close to the end of the year. Leaning toward the Bolt.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
The Bolt looked very nice, and spacious, except for the cargo area. I think I would buy the Bolt if it was just for me and it was a second car (or rent a car for long trips).

The funny thing is, Massachusetts electric rates are on the expensive side ($0.205kwh), which means it is actually cheaper to drive on gas than use electricity. I am not considering maintenance costs. The crossover is $2.90/gallon @42mpg, assuming today's electric rates. Which means it is hard to beat a very efficient hybrid like the Kia Niro, which my coworker has and he averages 55mpg. Now, I am not sure how often we will be able to "scavenge" electricity, which changes the math...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.