GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Michigan Drivers!!

I'm wondering what deals we are finding here in Michigan? I have 2014 and I'm starting to do my homework looking for what are some possible deals are on the market..

Please let me know which location and monthly payments also did you skip out of Michigan and buy from another state? If so how hard was it?

I been working with George Matick for a while that's where I got mine and my wife's 2014 Volt's from

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lease or buy? Are you looking for a new Gen 2 or an unsold Gen 1?
I'm looking to Lease right now and it's going to be a Gen 2

·
Registered
63 Posts
I flew IN to Michigan to purchase a leftover 2014 model at a dealer in Flint. After being stuck trying to move 4 2014 models and practically having to give them away, I would be surprised if they ever have another Volt to sell.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
You'll get a better deal on an LT. Residual values are bad, but GM Financial is helping a bit with a 0.96% APR. Sweet spot is 39 month lease. GMF is helping itself to 40% of the tax credit too.
Without a state rebate to sweeten the deal, the leases don't excite me at all. Like GM has zero interest in selling the Volt except as a compliance vehicle.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Without a state rebate to sweeten the deal, the leases don't excite me at all. Like GM has zero interest in selling the Volt except as a compliance vehicle.
It's kinda where I'm at I see tons of leases for LOW amounts and have done the math... I can get a bigger car/truck for the same price plus insurance will lower pending on what car/truck I get.

We will just have to see what they will offer me when I'm ready, one post in another thread had a good statement.. We were given such great deals on Gen1 then they are sticking it to us on Gen2 we may never see those kinds of lease prices ever again.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
It gets worse. Rising interest rates will wreak havoc on leases for expensive, high depreciation cars, like the volt.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I flew IN to Michigan to purchase a leftover 2014 model at a dealer in Flint. After being stuck trying to move 4 2014 models and practically having to give them away, I would be surprised if they ever have another Volt to sell.
I don't know about 2014. But the 2015's at the end of MY were flying off dealership lots. Of course the lease rates were crazy low like $120/ month. Most in SE michigan could move volts. And have them on lots. But Gm is moving them, and lots of us are hoping for better lease rates sooner than later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts