GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We love our 2017 gen2 Volt Premierer; my wife's Mazda3 is a 2010 so it at some point it will get traded in. If anyone has a model-3/model-y and a gen2 Volt, I'd like to hear your experiences.

We rented a model-Y from Turo a month ago. It was a nice car, not the self driving version, probably the least expensive model-Y with a nice red paint coat. The Volt feels like a car, the Tesla feels a little bit more like a video game. The range somehow seemed less than I was expecting. The first night we charged to 100% overnight at the hotel, and the model3 showed 250miles range. The charger was unavailable the 2nd night, and driving on the highway at normal speeds of 60-70mph, combined with several city driving trips back and forth from the hotel, and then taking the highway to the airport on the 3rd day, and the range was down to about 50 miles even though I drove maybe 150-160 miles total on the 2nd and 3rd days???? So I was a little disappointed in the usable range would seemed like it would be well under 200 miles. Maybe the model3 would be better?

We had four adults traveling, and the hatchback space in the model-Y seemed a little bit more than the Volt, but not tons larger. The same luggage (four rollers, plus four back packs) also fit nicely in the Volt which was parked at the airport in Austin. We didn't use the Frunk. Maybe the model-3 wouldn't have had enough trunk space, don't know.

I'm curious what other gen2 Volt owner's opinions of the Tesla 3/Y are. The Tesla cruise control w/o self driving seemed comparable to the gen2 Volt's adaptive cruise control. The big screen was nice for maps, but I would miss Android auto.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Take a look at the Mach-e. At least it has Android Auto.

·
Super Moderator
6,394 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts