GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did set my car alarm to activate if the charger cord is removed. Learning that, that option, really is a pain in the butt, I have disabled that feature. If I was at a charging station, my car was charged and someone could park close enough to take the charge cord and charge their car, I would prefer not have my alarm sound. Anyone feel the same on this? Does anyone have their alarm tied to the removal of the power cord? :confused:

·
Administrator
20,016 Posts
Yes, unplug mine and the alarm sounds. Given that I have used a public charge station twice (first time was a wash out as the station had an issue), the issue of someone besides myself unplugging the car has never occurred.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Charge Interupted Alert

I have mine set up, but have not had any alerts sent other that when there was a brown out. What I do is lock my doors before plugging in. Then when I want to unplug, I unlock the door first. That seems to keep me from getting a false alert . Give it a try!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nope. I only charge at home - 240v in the garage. And at work - 120V in a garage. Have 240V available at work as well but dont feel like getting another charger or dragging mine around.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Can the alarm be disabled in the 2011s? I would like to disable mine as EV charging spots are in high demand here at the GM Tech Center. In my building there is an unspoken rule that it is OK to unplug somebody if their car is not charging (more parking spaces than chargers). Unfortunately, my alarm must go off every day because I'm usually unplugged by the time I leave work.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Can the alarm be disabled in the 2011s? I would like to disable mine as EV charging spots are in high demand here at the GM Tech Center. In my building there is an unspoken rule that it is OK to unplug somebody if their car is not charging (more parking spaces than chargers). Unfortunately, my alarm must go off every day because I'm usually unplugged by the time I leave work.
Yes, but you have to take it to the dealer. Took about 10 minutes. They did it for no charge. It is a software setting that only the technician has access to. It can be changed back if you go to sell your VOLT. I always charge mine at home except for the one trip that I took to the Adirondacks. Went off three times at 3AM before I could get it to stop. Not a sole around just power problems. The fallowing week I took it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
My alarm is turned off since I use public charging almost daily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts