GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post... hoping to be many more. Just bought a 2017 Premier. Wanted to highlight that the Massachusetts "Drive Green" pricing is still in effect, at Quirk Chevrolet in Braintree. $6500 off MSRP for either an LT or Premier. In my case, I opted for a fully loaded Premier including Nav, Driver Confidence Package 1+2, and Adaptive Cruise Control with $6000 off MSRP and 60 month 0% financing. They wouldn't give the full $6500 and 0%/60 month financing both, but the 0% financing is worth around about $4k depending on how you calculate it and assuming normal inflation. Worth it even if you have the money to pay cash because you can put that cash into investments instead. I figure the $2,500 MA tax rebate and $7,500 Federal tax credit means the car is really costing me nothing out of pocket for about 1.5 years.

I will say that you need to bring in a printout of the massenergyservices "Drive Green" pricing table in order to assist with negotiations... otherwise they'll start with offering a not as good deal and you have to negotiate down... better to just start with the "advertised" deal.

Previous car was a 2001 Honda Insight... 60+mpg. I think I'll do a lot better in the Volt, though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've been shopping for a Bolt for the past month (my girlfriend needs a car). Virginia has no incentives or deals on these cars.

I'm driving up the MA this weekend for a family vacation and going to look into having my girlfriends parents purchase the car because of all the significant discounts that you can get on a Bolt in MA. Have them own it for two years in MA to take advantage of the rebates.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.