GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
All,

I'm curious if any fellow Marylanders have applied for the excise tax credit that began July 2017, and if so, how long it took you to receive it.

My dealer said they sent the form in to the excise tax refund unit at the MVA, but I have not received an email, or snail mail response stating that it was received. Is that expected?

I'm just curious what others have experienced.

Respectfully,
Cosmo413

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
All,

I'm curious if any fellow Marylanders have applied for the excise tax credit that began July 2017, and if so, how long it took you to receive it.

My dealer said they sent the form in to the excise tax refund unit at the MVA, but I have not received an email, or snail mail response stating that it was received. Is that expected?

I'm just curious what others have experienced.

Respectfully,
Cosmo413
I purchased my 2017 Volt in July 2016 in Rockville, Maryland. The dealer submitted the paperwork and I received my rebate check from the State of Maryland in less than a month. Of course, the Maryland Legislature has to vote to fund the rebate program each fiscal year and the Governor must sign off on the funding bill. Once the funding has been exhausted then there can be no additional rebates paid out during that fiscal year so it is best to get your paperwork in early. I have not been tracking the current status of the rebate funding for 2018.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just got one paid out about 4 weeks ago. Once you have the title number, send it over to MVA via snail mail. Expect 4-6 weeks for responses out of them. I had sent off for an HOV tag as well, it arrived somewhat sooner. Funny, they might be doing accounting to make sure they don't pay twice :eek:
So as of about May 2018, the deal was still good. I am seeing more Volts on the road though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All,

Thanks for the insights. I'm at about 2 months since I submitted the paperwork. I'll wait about a week or so more, and if I don't receive it, I'll start making some phone calls.

Respectfully,
Cosmo413

1 - 4 of 4 Posts