GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I too am eager to see what GM has in store for the new C7 Corvette! (Can't wait!)

But I can't help wondering why the right wing media has failed to mention the lackluster sales of the Corvette? For the past 12 months Chevy has been selling more Volts than Corvettes nearly every month. Yet... Fox News and Mark Modeca fail to cry about the "impending demise of the Corvette" and the failure of GM to sell them. I am willing to bet that Fox will also fail to report that the first few C7 Corvettes off the line will cost GM 2 billion dollars a copy. Funny how that gets overlooked by the right wing press. ;-)

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
As a long time Corvette owner (last being a 2007 Z06) and enthausist I too am anxious to see what voodoo GM has up their sleeve for the C7. I hold the first allocation at my local Chevy dealer and will place an order if the C7 is everything I hope it to be, else I could be swayed to look at the ELR.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Anyone think the new Vette could have an electric drive component for launch assist like some other performance cars are getting?
I hope not. I'm a dedicated Volt owner but to me things like the Porsche 918 are just bones thrown to political correctness and CAFE. I cannot believe that the added weight and complication are justified by the performance and/or better fuel economy. When it comes to sports cars keep it simple and light is my philosophy.

If they would take about 700 pounds out of the Corvette and downsize the engine appropriately they could achieve the same results for a lot less money and the cornering and braking could only improve with the reduced weight. That's my dream Corvette.

BTW, I own and race 2 vintage Corvettes, so I figure that I have some standing to comment on Corvette matters

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"If it is not electric, I have no interest." It is going to take awhile for the rest of them to catch on to this. The girlfriend just bought a Civic EX. Nice car, but OMG, that gasoline engine thing! Unpleasant!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
". The girlfriend just bought a Civic EX. Nice car, but OMG, that gasoline engine thing! Unpleasant!
LOL, my wife has a Civic EX and when we bought it I thought it was sooooooo refined. Now after owning a volt, I feel like there's something wrong with it every time I drive it!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Doug: If we have to go anyplace, we use the Volt. End-of-discussion!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts