GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my first post and I have a question, We purchased a 2014 on line and took delivery last evening. Have just noticed this morning the Malfunction Indicator Lamp is on. is there something I may have done to make this happen? It has 15,xxx miles and in great shape, checked the oil and it is fine. thanks for your help

Jeff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As a follow up the lamp has gone out, talked to dealer service dept he said to just keep an eye on it and bring it in if it came on again. In reflection it was on a transport for a couple of days coming from Kentucky when the driver unloaded it he didn't know to step on the brake to start it. The test mode may have started and took a few cycles to clear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Follow up #2, just returned from the service dept, there is a service bulletin on the Charging System not Operating as Expected code

they reflashed the module. Said the code could be activated by plugging in to a fully charged battery. We have had some thunder

boomers go through recently and with the car plugged in constantly a dip in power probably set it off.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Charging System not Operating as Expected code
Also have a 2014 and have had that 3-4 times. One was my own fault, one a bad public station, and the others, yeah, the ol "dip in the grid", probably. Not any functional issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah, the 'dip in grid power' code goes away by itself after a full charge or 2 or 3.

Save yourself some time next time. Use the blue button!
I did use the "Blue Button" both times, both times I was told to take it to the dealer. I imagine they were in CYA mode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts