GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yesterday I noticed the MIL was lit. I called OnStar and the representative said my Volt showed codes P1E00 and P0CD2. She said that the lithium ion battery and the electrical system/HPCM are apparently not functioning correctly (to tell the truth, I didn't really follow everything she said). The Volt itself seems to run just fine, and it takes a charge (from my EV1 charger) just like normal. It's only the MIL that stays on -- no signs of a problem otherwise. Also no messages from the Volt on the dashboard readout. I've tried opening and closing the fuel cap and hatch a couple of times just in case but no change. Anyway, I made an appointment at the dealer on Monday. Any ideas? I hope, and would expect, that "lithium ion battery and electrical system/HPCM" issues are covered by my warranty.......
DTC P0CD2 00: Charge Port Door Unlock Control Performance

Circuit/System Description
When the vehicle is in the Service Mode, the hybrid powertrain control module 2 supplies a 5V signal to the charge door position sensor through the charge port door position sensor signal circuit. The charge port door ajar switch contains a resistor ladder interface for switch position between two resistors for sensing used by the hybrid powertrain control module 2 to determine if the charge port door is in the open position or the closed position.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts