GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I noticed the MIL was lit. I called OnStar and the representative said my Volt showed codes P1E00 and P0CD2. She said that the lithium ion battery and the electrical system/HPCM are apparently not functioning correctly (to tell the truth, I didn't really follow everything she said). The Volt itself seems to run just fine, and it takes a charge (from my EV1 charger) just like normal. It's only the MIL that stays on -- no signs of a problem otherwise. Also no messages from the Volt on the dashboard readout. I've tried opening and closing the fuel cap and hatch a couple of times just in case but no change. Anyway, I made an appointment at the dealer on Monday. Any ideas? I hope, and would expect, that "lithium ion battery and electrical system/HPCM" issues are covered by my warranty.......

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yesterday I noticed the MIL was lit. I called OnStar and the representative said my Volt showed codes P1E00 and P0CD2. She said that the lithium ion battery and the electrical system/HPCM are apparently not functioning correctly (to tell the truth, I didn't really follow everything she said). The Volt itself seems to run just fine, and it takes a charge (from my EV1 charger) just like normal. It's only the MIL that stays on -- no signs of a problem otherwise. Also no messages from the Volt on the dashboard readout. I've tried opening and closing the fuel cap and hatch a couple of times just in case but no change. Anyway, I made an appointment at the dealer on Monday. Any ideas? I hope, and would expect, that "lithium ion battery and electrical system/HPCM" issues are covered by my warranty.......
DTC P0CD2 00: Charge Port Door Unlock Control Performance

Circuit/System Description
When the vehicle is in the Service Mode, the hybrid powertrain control module 2 supplies a 5V signal to the charge door position sensor through the charge port door position sensor signal circuit. The charge port door ajar switch contains a resistor ladder interface for switch position between two resistors for sensing used by the hybrid powertrain control module 2 to determine if the charge port door is in the open position or the closed position.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First, of course I meant the L1 EVSE -- I was just checking to see if anyone was paying attention. Good job!

Anyway, immediately after posting the above, I put a gallon of gas in the car, then drove home, put it on the L1 charger, washed the car, then started it up in service mode, and guess what? No more MIL ! Hooray! I unplugged the charger and started it up a few times normally -- no MIL. So, I don't know what happened, but the MIL / check engine light no longer illuminates. I take this as good news and will cancel my appointment at the dealer. Thanks for the replies.

PS: when I interface, I leave the inductive paddle at home.

·
Administrator
21,211 Posts
Perhaps you accidentally had put the car in Service Mode, eventually leading to the MIL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.