GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, main engine cooling radiator on my volt 2013 started leak today, maybe someone know replace procedure? I must remove bumper and etc?

·
Administrator
20,583 Posts
If you google "chevy volt body control module 2" you may find something posted by Autocrats online...

Yes, you must remove the front of the car. See
https://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?182386-Projector-retrofit-completed

Draining and replacing the coolant requires a vacuum system to remove trapped air bubbles. Use ONLY DexCool coolant per owner's manual details. Some related posts:
https://gm-volt.com/forum/showthrea...-1-Volt-battery-at-home&p=4608183#post4608183
https://gm-volt.com/forum/showthrea...-1-Volt-battery-at-home&p=4616117#post4616117

There some threads in the "similar threads" section below.

·
Registered
417 Posts
IF the radiator was damaged due to rocks etc., there is a TSB on it for a fix and replace.........check with dealer and your VIN

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello, now i received new radiator and removed fascia from car. but now i don't know, what i must make now. i must remove radiator up or down? all ways look crazy... volt1.jpg volt2.jpg

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
hello, now i received new radiator and removed fascia from car. but now i don't know, what i must make now. i must remove radiator up or down? all ways look crazy...
You will have to remove it up, and that hose will need to be moved out of the way.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
how about disconnected(remove) others radiators located before main engine radiator?
It should not be necessary, unless the radiators are connected together.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JuneBug, tell me please you have replaced this radiator before? this 4 radiators made like sandwich. i unbolted it but I do not see enough free space here

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it look like radiator must go down of car. The width of the bottom of the radiator is larger than the space between the front bumper frame approx 3-4 inch

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
now i know, for replace main radiator use service manual, You must remove all others radiators. i think, it's stupid. i will try make it w/o removing and draining all systems and AC refrigerator. stupid new cars, stupid GM.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
JuneBug, tell me please you have replaced this radiator before? this 4 radiators made like sandwich. i unbolted it but I do not see enough free space here
I have replaced radiators before, but not on a Volt.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
ok, now i removed old main radiator w/o remove ac condenser. for out radiator you must rotated it for 90 degree and go up. Radiators plastic frame must go down wit at oil cooler. plastic frame kill main radiator. IMG_20181222_172630.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
ok, now job is done. original radiator look like made from paper, very thin aluminium. i installed aftermarket spectra premium. it look stronger. for remove and install main radiator, you must rotated it for approx 90 degree for vertical location. viber image.jpg 2.jpg

·
Administrator
20,583 Posts
Thank you for posting your progress! I like the half plastic bottle parts holder. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts