GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting on January 1, 2019, the program will provide a $1,500 rebate to eligible BEVs or FCEVs with a purchase price below $50,000. The rebate application process will stay the same. Rebate eligibility is based on the purchase price of the vehicle.

The credit is now only $1500 instead of $2500 and it's only for cheap BEVs. With the Volt gone it doesn't really matter about PHEVs since there is no true EREV left.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been keeping an eye on this too. I had been considering picking up a 2019 volt near the end of the production, but now I'd take a 2018 if I can get a great deal before Jan 1st. It would need to be a big discount to win me over.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Starting on January 1, 2019, the program will provide a $1,500 rebate to eligible BEVs or FCEVs with a purchase price below $50,000. The rebate application process will stay the same. Rebate eligibility is based on the purchase price of the vehicle.

The credit is now only $1500 instead of $2500 and it's only for cheap BEVs. With the Volt gone it doesn't really matter about PHEVs since there is no true EREV left.
The 3MR is under the $50k purchase price, so unless somehow they have none available, it'd still be available for some Tesla.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 3MR is under the $50k purchase price, so unless somehow they have none available, it'd still be available for some Tesla.
OK, a stripped midrange with no options will still get a rebate but if you add anything you'll be over the limit.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
OK, a stripped midrange with no options will still get a rebate but if you add anything you'll be over the limit.
The Mid Range comes with the Premium Package, so it's obviously not stripped.
If you add a basic color (I'd add blue, because blue is the best color), it's $47,500 plus destination fee. (That'd be what I'd buy).
Add the premium white/black interior as well and it's $48,500 plus destination fee, which keeps it under $50k.

Other stuff like different wheels can be purchased later.
You wouldn't be able to get EAP straight away, but if you want EAP you could wait until later, during an inevitable EAP sale, and then as long as the net deferral fee is no more than $1,500, you'd still be ahead.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The Mid Range comes with the Premium Package, so it's obviously not stripped.
If you add a basic color (I'd add blue, because blue is the best color), it's $47,500 plus destination fee. (That'd be what I'd buy).
Add the premium white/black interior as well and it's $48,500 plus destination fee, which keeps it under $50k.

Other stuff like different wheels can be purchased later.
You wouldn't be able to get EAP straight away, but if you want EAP you could wait until later, during an inevitable EAP sale, and then as long as the net deferral fee is no more than $1,500, you'd still be ahead.
^^^ Exactly. New Model 3 come with a 30-day EAP trial. After, it's $5500 if you purchase. That's $500 more than at time of sale, but it can keep you under the $50k limit, and you can avoid future excise tax on a car that includes EAP at time of sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts