GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some threads on this but haven't seen recent chatter on it.

I'm interested in driving for Lyft a bit, mostly just to see what it's like. Lyft just came to my area, but they won't let me sign up with the Volt because it only fits 4 people total instead of 5. That seems utterly ridiculous to me.

I guess I could drive with Uber instead but Lyft has negotiated some additional stuff here and seems to be taking off more here, in general.

Has anyone had success signing their Gen 1 Volt up for Lyft, and if so, how did you go about it?

·
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know that UBER does NOT accept a 2017 volt so not sure about Lyft??
Did they give a reason? According to what I've read, the Gen2 should absolutely qualify as it has the missing 5th seat belt that the Gen 1 lacked.
Yes, I'm curious about this too. 2017 Volt should qualify given their current (but silly) guidelines

·
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I use a 12 on Lyft. Uber was so weird... they never told me no.. just ignored me until I gave up.
90% of rides are 1 person. I have had to tell people with 4 adults to call another car.. can't do it. Really with that many and luggage for them from the airport they should use the Lyft XL which is a bigger vehicle that can handle them.
I'm retired and do it for busy work. I'd starve if I depended on it for an income. But, I do use a separate bank account for it. If I'm lucky enough to get lots of blue collar people, tips are good. Rich upper class people don't tip. I learned that years ago delivering pizza.
How did you get permission to use the 2012 Volt?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.