GM Volt Forum banner

Lowering springs or coilovers for Bolt EV

6K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Ladogaboy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello,

Does anyone know who makes lowering spring or coilovers for the Bolt EV?

#2 ·
I doubt any source yet exists - the Bolt has not been for sale long enough. Best to do a web search for companies that make what you are looking for, and contact them directly with your enquiry.

#4 ·
He's not talking about slamming the car to the ground. A mild lowering like 1inch would not do any harm. It would look much better imo. Lots of people with Volt lowered and I don't hear any batteries exploding. The bolt has a thick steel bottom plate. If someone has a big enough impact, the car will be totalled way before putting damage to the battery so its really not an issue. I've had lots of lowered cars and never had any problems. You just have to use common sense.

To alkvalseth: Since you are in Europe, you will have to wait for the Opel Ampera-e to go on sale before any European spring companies can get a car to do the work development. I doubt any springs will be available before next year. Unless someone with a Bolt from California brings their car to B&G springs so they can start development.

#5 ·
Springs (and especially coilovers) will require some time to develop. I doubt the Bolt EV uses any suspension components in common with any of GM's other offerings, including the Sonic.

While I would be interested at some point, I want to put more miles on the car before I determine the best opportunities for improving the suspension. I wouldn't want to lower the car just to lower it, so I want to make sure that it is done for more than just aesthetic reasons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.