GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I live in Northern Virginia and am strongly considering the Volt as my next car. I was looking at the 2014 Volt configurator this evening on chevy.com and am looking for more insight and opinions on the Low-Emissions (enhanced AT-PZEV) Package.

I'm assuming that the AT-PZEV package is only beneficial when using gas. I drive about 15K miles a year and most (~80% or so) of my driving would be pure electric, as my daily commute is only about 26 miles round-trip. So, would it be worth the extra effort for me to try purchasing a Volt from a Maryland dealer to get the Low-Emissions package?

I don't know the specifics of what the AT-PZEV package entails. Does it in incorporate any extra parts that might be expensive to repair in the future?

When the AT-PZEV package is selected, it prompts you to choose from 1 of 2 options - California, or another for Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington state requirements. What are the differences between the two options?

Also, are there any warranty benefits (e.g. the extended battery warranty for CA owners)?

Thanks in advance!
Matt

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
The AT-PZEV designation is an important designation in the CARB states. Basically it reroutes the exhaust, which will cut emissions by some very small amount but won't affect range or mileage or much of anything else. You can only buy Volts with this designation from dealers in CARB states and you have to register the car in a CARB state to get the extended warranty, which is the main plus. You can read more about it here: http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?14733-Battery-Warranty-10-yrs-150-000&p=160913#post160913

I don't know what the different AT-PZEV options are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts