GM Volt Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Here is the outcome of this adventure -- things not always what they seem.
I took the car to the VERY SUPERIOR Fremont Chevrolet. Thank you, eglass. It was a 35 minute drive but well worth it.
They gave me a same-day appointment, took the car in for diagnosis and OFFERED me a free loaner for the diagnosis day.
They found that I had hit road debris and damaged the radiator. So, extremely valid reason for the warning light and low fluid.
This repair not under warranty since not a flaw. But luckily, covered under my comprehensive auto insurance.
Fremont is ordering the part and will have me fixed up in 24 hours -- just in time for my road trip.
I minimized driving while the warning light was on, drove a total of 35 miles -- forcing it into gas mode for that.

·
Registered
13,667 Posts
Here is the outcome of this adventure -- things not always what they seem.
I took the car to the VERY SUPERIOR Fremont Chevrolet. Thank you, eglass. It was a 35 minute drive but well worth it.
They gave me a same-day appointment, took the car in for diagnosis and OFFERED me a free loaner for the diagnosis day.
They found that I had hit road debris and damaged the radiator. So, extremely valid reason for the warning light and low fluid.
This repair not under warranty since not a flaw. But luckily, covered under my comprehensive auto insurance.
Fremont is ordering the part and will have me fixed up in 24 hours -- just in time for my road trip.
I minimized driving while the warning light was on, drove a total of 35 miles -- forcing it into gas mode for that.
An inexpensive voltscreen sold by Scarlett on this forum could save you that expensive radiator bill next time. Watch out using comprehensive insurance to cover this. Your rates might climb as a result.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
An inexpensive voltscreen sold by Scarlett on this forum could save you that expensive radiator bill next time. Watch out using comprehensive insurance to cover this. Your rates might climb as a result.
I'm sure it varies from place to place, but here (where insurance is just ridiculously priced), comprehensive has no bearing on rates. Only at-fault collision claims do.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts