GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
First of all I want to thank everyone or making this forum, hands down, the best resource to learn about other's Volt experiences, which can dramatically enhance us newbies' understanding and satisfaction with this amazing piece of tech called the Volt.

I have had my Volt for about a month now and have logged over 2000 miles. My commute to work each day is 66 miles, and without an ability to charge at work (yet) I drive some miles in ER mode every day. I enjoy experimenting with when to deploy HOLD mode and have benefited greatly from your collective advice. My best commute to date was 182 mpg on a single charge, with a total trip length of 66 miles.

I believe BEV's will be a very large part of our driving future, and I couldn't be happier to see a U.S. company taking such a leadership role in this EVolution.

Lance Bartosz
Granby, Massachusetts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Congratulations, on you new Volt purchase. I have logged over 30+k miles in a little over a year. I too can't charge at work and there are not many public chargers where I work, there was one and someone broke it. :-( I have got my lifetime over 200+mpg even after a long trip of 1300+ miles. The more I drive it the more I love it. Keep working on workplace charging. You really only need 110V if you are there all day, plus less jealousy of other employees.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I agree that this is a great place to gain information on the Volt. Some really helpful information is available.

When you have time, share what you have learned about the hold mode optimization. I have a 60 mile commute with no charging available at work. When my wife lets me drive the car, I will be doing some similar experiments.

·
8,680 Posts
I agree that this is a great place to gain information on the Volt. Some really helpful information is available.

When you have time, share what you have learned about the hold mode optimization. I have a 60 mile commute with no charging available at work. When my wife lets me drive the car, I will be doing some similar experiments.
You'll have to see what works well for you. In general, one cold start is better than two cold starts - if you can finish one leg of your commute without the engine, it'll almost always work out better that way.

For the OP: Congrats!! Welcome. Glad that we've been of some help to you already. When you get a chance, have a look at Voltstats.net, and think about adding your car.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good advice here. Later aceinsp

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'll add my welcome, too. The Volt is my wife's car. It's interesting to watch her promote it when strangers inquire. Her previous ride, an '04 BMW 330xi we still have, never set her to bragging. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I'll add my welcome, too. The Volt is my wife's car. It's interesting to watch her promote it when strangers inquire. Her previous ride, an '04 BMW 330xi we still have, never set her to bragging. Go figure.
Welcome, Lance.

Our Volt is also driven, primarily, by my wife. She has become the preferred lunch-time driver among her friends at work.

Miles of Smiles in her Volt!

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
I enjoy experimenting with when to deploy HOLD
Hey there Lance. I deploy hold mode after getting up to speed on the tollway, which is pretty much the only place I use it anyway. IIRC the manual says something about normal mode being most efficient up to 50 MPH (50 and lower).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts