GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my MY2012 Volt new in December 2011. I live in a moderate climate of NC. The car is garaged and clear of the elements. My Volt has 72,000 miles with a lifetime MPG 118 due to a number of long trips to visit family out of state. Day to day it gets all eleectric miles.

Over time the acceleration has diminished. I have a number of friends who have Volts and can compare this to. I recently experienced a low propulsion error that ocurred when exposed to long trips and parking in the summer heat. My dealership said the SOC was 91% and they made an adjustment to the battery to stop future errors. I told them about the acceleration issues but the car came back with no change. The Volt is running fine in every other way, but if you can imagine how disssatisfying an EV is without its accelreation! I drive the car efficiently and regulary get 42 miles AER. I don't over use the quick accleration but once you notice it is gone it is very dissastifying. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
I bought my MY2012 Volt new in December 2011. I live in a moderate climate of NC. The car is garaged and clear of the elements. My Volt has 72,000 miles with a lifetime MPG 118 due to a number of long trips to visit family out of state. Day to day it gets all eleectric miles.

Over time the acceleration has diminished. I have a number of friends who have Volts and can compare this to. I recently experienced a low propulsion error that ocurred when exposed to long trips and parking in the summer heat. My dealership said the SOC was 91% and they made an adjustment to the battery to stop future errors. I told them about the acceleration issues but the car came back with no change. The Volt is running fine in every other way, but if you can imagine how disssatisfying an EV is without its accelreation! I drive the car efficiently and regulary get 42 miles AER. I don't over use the quick accleration but once you notice it is gone it is very dissastifying. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.
Perhaps one or more of the brake caliper brake pads are rubbing against the rotors, creating drag.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts