GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm having an issue with my Volt where the driver-side mirror assembly is very loose.

The mirror, turn indicators, etc, all work fine, but the whole mirror assembly has an inch of up-and-down give to it. I believe it may be loose where the mirror assembly bolts on the the door plate. Has anyone else had this issue? Do you think this can be fixed by tightening some bolts, or is a whole assembly replacement required?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Hi all,

I'm having an issue with my Volt where the driver-side mirror assembly is very loose.

The mirror, turn indicators, etc, all work fine, but the whole mirror assembly has an inch of up-and-down give to it. I believe it may be loose where the mirror assembly bolts on the the door plate. Has anyone else had this issue? Do you think this can be fixed by tightening some bolts, or is a whole assembly replacement required?

Thanks,
It should not move up and down at all. If you are handy, search youtube to find out how to access the mirror bolts behind the door panel. They may need to be tightended.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Joe,

I'll try to give that a go. Are those Hex bolts? I'll have to see what tools I have available.

Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts