GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, a few years back I was leasing a volt and I am looking to get a volt again, but purchase a pre-owned one. I have been looking at a certified 2015 volt with about 44,000 going for about 15,500. As far as features, looks like leather seats/heated are pretty much the option with this model. Its an interesting color-silver topaz metallic

Any initial thoughts? I have not seen the vehicle in person yet, I plan on going this week. so I know I need to see what the miles are looking like as far as average used with electric.

Thank you for any thoughts you may have

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
If you could afford a few thousand more maybe you could get a Gen 2. If you can’t sounds like a decent deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,198 Posts
Check out the For Sale forum. Looks like there are two for sale there.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Unless you are at the edge of the EV range, Gen 1 is a proven, highly reliable vehicle. It would be hard to go wrong with a 2014. I've passed 120,000 miles with no issues whatsoever.

The car and miles sound ideal. Price sounded a bit high, but it is certified. Perhaps you can squeeze it down another $1,500?

Have you considered a used ELR? They are a GREAT value these days.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Since you previously drove a leased Volt, you should be quite familiar with the car and know what to look out for. I think a used low mileage Gen 1 Volt is a good deal. I'm driving one now (although I bought it new). The silver topaz metallic (a kind of bluish-silver if I recall) was my second choice if I couldn't have found a Viridian Joule. It's a very nice looking color.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw someone post the VIN for their Volt they returned from a lease and said someone was going to get a great car. I would be nice if you could get a used one from an enthusiast here that could give you the full history.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts