GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite some time ago, someone in this forum created and shared a really nice sign they had created to leave on their dash while charging at a public station. It explained to look at the state of the green light on the dash, and if flashing, said people could go ahead and unplug the Volt.

Can't find that sign now!! Anyone here remember this and know what thread that was in??

Thanks!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mine just came yesterday. Go to EVExtend.com.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not if you don't have that alarm option selected in the Volt's configuration screen.

doesn't the alarm sound if someone unplugs your car without unlocking the door first?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, interesting Bradstone. Didn't know there was a place to buy magnet versions of such a thing. However, that's not what I was referring to. In a long ago thread, someone in these forums created and shared a PDF (or maybe other file format?) of a sign similar to that one. But that could be printed at home (and maybe laminated) and just placed on the dashboard. Trying to (re)find that file to download and print.
Thanks

Mine just came yesterday. Go to EVExtend.com.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I got it to avoid confusion and increase communication.

If another ev driver doesn't know what the blinking lights mean they could think that solid green means fully charged. Frankly that's what I would think. Anyway, instead of them being annoyed and thinking they're justified in unplugging me because I'm plugged in and fully charged the magnet will tell them otherwise.

I don't feel comfortable unplugging someone unless they say it's ok but others may feel otherwise alarm or not.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice if the NHTSA or the car industry decided on a standard for the indicator for charge ports? How about a green light labeled "Charging" and a yellow light labeled "Done" placed right on the charge port. There. You don't need a sign to explain the morse code blinking patterns to the public any more.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I certainly don't know where the light is on a Tesla or a Leaf. Only from this forum do I know that the Leaf's light patterns are opposite the Volt.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I made a simple on in word saying

PLEASE LOOK AT THE GREEN LIGHT ON THE DASHBOARD !
If it is blinking, I am finished charging feel free to unplug
If it is steady, I am charging, please leave me plugged in
If you are desperate for a charge before my green light is blinking, please plug me back when you are done so I can finish.
THANK YOU!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I made a simple on in word saying

PLEASE LOOK AT THE GREEN LIGHT ON THE DASHBOARD !
If it is blinking, I am finished charging feel free to unplug
If it is steady, I am charging, please leave me plugged in
If you are desperate for a charge before my green light is blinking, please plug me back when you are done so I can finish.
THANK YOU!
What kind of crazy, logical, and friendly sign is that!?!?! Don't you know you're supposed to be outraged at the mere thought that someone would be allowed to unplug another? Get with the program!

·
Registered
813 Posts
A Sign

Here's a sign I picked up at an EV meet last summer. Indicate when you expect to have a full charge with a paper clip and include your cell phone number. Does the job!

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
I bet this would have them keep their hands off..

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts