GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the location of the paint code data on my 2015 Volt? Paintscratch.com requires the manufacturer paint code, and has a vague indication of where the sticker is supposed to be. The Volt not specifically listed under "Chevrolet" models, but "All Others" shows a location somewhere near the rear edge of the hood, passenger side. I sure can't find it!

I'm specifically looking for touch-up paint for the flat black on the B Pillar, and am guessing that it's their "Charcoal (matt) WA207D" but would like to be sure before ordering. I'd like to have the other codes as well, if I can find the sticker!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
On MY 2012 those pillars are covered in plastic film, I put chrome covers on mine after some cracked edges appeared. This film just peels off easily in the heat of a sunny day.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! The Paintref Site does give the GM code for the main paint on my Volt (Summit White, WA8624), but neither the gloss black nor the matte black. Looking at the B pillars again, I'm pretty sure that they're painted, not plastic clad.

So, I'm still looking for the data plate bearing the codes for all the paint that's supposed to be somewhere on the car!

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
It's not paint, it's a stick-on material. You're talking about the front of the rear and back of the front doors, right?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's not paint, it's a stick-on material. You're talking about the front of the rear and back of the front doors, right?
I examined it even more closely and stand corrected. For the life of me, I cannot figure how the edge could have gotten nicked, as it's about a third of the way up the window opening, and not where it would contact anything when opened, and I am the only one who has driven it up to this point, and surely would have known if I banged it into something (I didn't!). I'm still wanting to fill it with something, as the white paint underneath makes a vivid contrast; I first thought that it was bird poop, and wanted it off right away. No such luck!

Maybe it was a manufacturing/assembly defect--like a bubble in the wrap--that I just noticed? It doesn't seem likely to me that the plastic would chip, even if it was banged into something!

[Edit] It's the rear edge of the driver door. Picture below (darned if I can figure how to rotate it 180º, though!)

Volt Door.jpg

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Try some semi-flat black touch-up to make it less noticeable. It's probably easier than replacing the tape.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'll take a shot at my dealer for a fix, as there doesn't seem to be a logical way that this could happen other than an air bubble entrained under the wrap when it was installed. If not, I'll dab some flat black paint on the spot.

Still wondering where the "Charcoal (matt) WA207D" listed by paintscratch.com as one of the colors for the 2015 Volt might be used on the car!

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
They are printed on the SPID label (Service Parts IDentification) posted on the inside of the small compartment in the RH rear stowage area
WOT

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found the Paint Codes, thanks to WOT!

Volt SPI Location.jpg Volt SPI.jpg Volt SPI Location.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts