GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a GREAT deal on a Volt, so I'm skipping the 2017 refresh. Here's the catch, I'm in Denver, Colorado, and so eligible for a state tax credit of around 16% of the vehicle price *as long as it's never been registered in the state of CO*.

This has had me looking at CarMax and the like, where it's easy to get an out of state vehicle. The prices aren't great, at $14.5k for a 2013 Base with 40k miles. That'd give me about a total net of around $12,100 - but I've heard of Volts selling for that much *before* a tax credit.

What I'd really love is brand new 2013-2014 for around $20-25k before tax credits, but nobody in the Denver area seems to have kept their older Volt listings online.

What's my best course of action? I'm open to shipping, used/new etc. as long as I get a GREAT Volt in the $10-13k range for used or $12-16k range for new, after state and federal tax credits. Where should I be looking to find deals like these?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Take a look at cars.com, there are several 2014s available in Texas and a few in Nebraska, Iowa and Wisconsin. Try sending those dealers an email, asking for their best price and letting them know you are looking at multiple cars around the country.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the input, folks. Would buying a 100k+ mile Volt make sense from a reliability standpoint? It's hard to say no to, considering it would end up being around $6.6k after CO credit.

For the new ones - will some dealers really ship without me ever coming into their dealership? Or would this be a fly and drive kinda thing?

Lastly: How is this deal: $15998 for a 2013 Base w/ 15k miles? I know it's a tad more than some other places, but being able to transfer it to my local CarMax and not have to fly/drive is worth something to me, too. Already confirmed it's never been registered in CO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts