GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Does any offer a 24-30 month lease on this?
If so, please let me know!

Tx
If you want a GM Financial supported lease, 36 months is the minimum.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
GM tends to only allow 24 month leases when they want a certain model liquidated; often the previous year of a mid-cycle refresh or previous generation of a new model...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wait, there are non GM Financial lease options??

Also, this would be such a smart targeted ad for them to run! 24 month lease deals on the Volt for Tesla Model 3 people that are waiting on their car. Who knows, many of them might stay with the Volt since it has such huge range with the gas extender vs the battery only Tesla. Me, nope, I can't wait for the Tesla... but I do want to be in a Volt while I wait...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Does any offer a 24-30 month lease on this?
If so, please let me know!

Tx
The reality is that unless it is a 3 year lease....they would lose the federal tax writeoff which a portion of it is retained by the leasing company. The same requirement applied to the California state incentive when it was funded and available.
Normally the leasing company (GM or otherwise) wont tell you this because they dont want to draw attention to percentages applied to lease or retained by them :)

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Wait, there are non GM Financial lease options??

Also, this would be such a smart targeted ad for them to run! 24 month lease deals on the Volt for Tesla Model 3 people that are waiting on their car. Who knows, many of them might stay with the Volt since it has such huge range with the gas extender vs the battery only Tesla. Me, nope, I can't wait for the Tesla... but I do want to be in a Volt while I wait...
I think GM would prefer you just buy/lease a Bolt...More of a direct competitor...

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
The reality is that unless it is a 3 year lease....they would lose the federal tax writeoff which a portion of it is retained by the leasing company. The same requirement applied to the California state incentive when it was funded and available.
Normally the leasing company (GM or otherwise) wont tell you this because they dont want to draw attention to percentages applied to lease or retained by them :)
Cali state incentive is $1500 over 30 months so $50/mo...For a 24 month lease you'd get the full $1500 up front (once funded) and would need to pay back $300 once the car is no longer registered to you...If you buy out the lease you can keep the $300...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Cali state incentive is $1500 over 30 months so $50/mo...For a 24 month lease you'd get the full $1500 up front (once funded) and would need to pay back $300 once the car is no longer registered to you...If you buy out the lease you can keep the $300...
Yes I agree with that however it is a nonissue now since the state funding ended. I see the HOV sticers will be continued but doubt we will see the state incentive again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts