GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in a 2014 CPO Volt and I was wondering what original warranty coverage and other provided services would transfer to me as a new owner? I know that since it's a CPO the dealer will extend the remaining bumper-to-bumper warranty 12 months/12k miles but is there any of the other coverage or services that would be extended? If they aren't extended would any remaining coverage transfer to the new owner?

To make replies easier, here is the initial warranty coverage, services, etc.

2/24,000 Included scheduled maintenance
5/100,000 Powertrain limited warranty and roadside assistance program
8/100,000 Courtesy transportation program and battery and Voltec component limited warranty
3/36,000 Bumper to bumper warranty
6/100,000 Rust through protection
5 years OnStar Basic Plan including RemoteLink Key Fob Services
3 years OnStar Directions & Connections Plan

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I would expect all the original coverage from GM to carry over until the mileage and time have expired. The onstar is questionable and I was thinking it was only for 3 years on a 2013 and later. I would check with onstar before assuming anything is included beyond the original buyer.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
I was told by my local Chevy dealer that CPO Chevys get 90 days of OnStar and XM. I'm sure a Google search can confirm that.

·
Registered
52 Posts
When I purchased my 2014 CPO in June 2015, the 3-year Directions & Connections plan carried over to me, and then I will be left with 2 more years of the Basic plan (for a total of 5 years of RemoteLink).

In addition, you can likely get a pretty sweet XM trial if you were so inclined to call them and haggle a bit.

All warranties transfer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts