GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I arrived home this week from a trip to find a present from Volt.
It is so cool!

Paul S. Red Volt #2169
Arrived 4/5/2011
10,500 and it still runs awesome, still so much fun to drive!

voltback.jpg volt2.jpg volt3.jpg

·
Registered
268 Posts
Was this "surprise" a result of reaching the 10,000 mile club? I had to buy my Volt minature. And of course it's in that weird green color.
You have really put the miles on- we got our first Volt in April and have less than 8,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It is so cool!
The "under the hood" goods look like reasonable facsimilies of the real thing. Probably good enough that I can use it to educate some of my colleagues.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looks like you received the wrong color, and will need to send it my way. ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's really nice!
I'm trying to find the black one, I know it's out there, just that it's either not available yet or sold out!?!?|?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Awesome. Thought you would appreciate these as well. I got this concept style model when I was speaking at a conference in 2008 when Lutz was also speaking.

IMG_0808.jpg IMG_0810.jpg IMG_0807.jpg IMG_0811.jpg IMG_0809.jpg

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was this "surprise" a result of reaching the 10,000 mile club? I had to buy my Volt minature. And of course it's in that weird green color.
You have really put the miles on- we got our first Volt in April and have less than 8,000 miles on it.
I am not sure if it was because of 10000 miles but that would make sense.
I use the Volt to go to work everyday. Once our snow arrives it will stay in the garage. Paul S.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The "under the hood" goods look like reasonable facsimilies of the real thing. Probably good enough that I can use it to educate some of my colleagues.
Ron, glad you can use the photos. I was in Chicago in August and did not see any Volts.
You must have one of the first Volts in the area. Paul S.

·
Registered
923 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got one of these models when I went to the Detroit Volt Homecoming this year. Mine is in my cars color. The viridian Joule. Be careful with the small parts! I lost the antenna already. If anyone has an extra antenna? Oh I have well over 12,500 mi on my Volt. Wonder if I'll get another miniature?

It is so cool!

View attachment 4053 View attachment 4054 View attachment 4055

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Ron, glad you can use the photos. I was in Chicago in August and did not see any Volts.
You must have one of the first Volts in the area. Paul S.
I know scottf200had his, but they weren't being sold in Chicago until August, and people started picking them up in Sept/Oct. probably has something to do with our highly desirable climate...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's really nice!
I'm trying to find the black one, I know it's out there, just that it's either not available yet or sold out!?!?|?
Best of luck finding a Black Model. It sure seems like some company will eventually make all of the colors.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the gas tank filler cover opens backwards? And the springs seem to have limited travel...The brakes are not vented...the front bib is one piece....the rear seats won't fold down. LOL But the best thing is the included power cord. I try to leave mine plugged in. Wish they put led lights in them. Have been traumatized several times when my grand daughter has tried to play with it. It's like a magnet to her.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Has anyone noticed that the gas tank filler cover opens backwards? And the springs seem to have limited travel...The brakes are not vented...the front bib is one piece....the rear seats won't fold down. LOL But the best thing is the included power cord. I try to leave mine plugged in. Wish they put led lights in them. Have been traumatized several times when my grand daughter has tried to play with it. It's like a magnet to her.
Interesting....the Die Cast model I received from Volt was made by Gain Corp Products for GM.
On mine the gas tank and charger door do not appear to open. I also noticed that the antenna is quite fragile as I almost broke it.
It is still a great model to display and I have had lots of comments in my office.
Paul S. Red Volt# 2169, almost 11K now!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I'm having trouble finding an outlet in the house that fits the EVSE! :)

My son thought it was actually an electrically powered model. Now that would be cool.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts