GM Volt Forum banner

Look at the no questions asked Scrap value for a 2014!

1105 Views 10 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  TimO
Been looking at Trading in my 2014 with 70,000 miles in great one owner condition. Dealers only offering $9,000 trade in my Zip code. Based on this quote today I no longer fear a future bricked car due to a bad battery 2 years from now. The business case is crystal clear based on its scrape value of $3,500 :KEEP

This is truly great news to me because at 9k trade value now, say 7k trade in value in 2 years knowing I can recover $3,500 or so even if it bricks minimizes the financial risk to keep, and this was the first quote. These hold value even as junk!

Just answered a few questions to get scrap value
Product Azure Font Rectangle Material property
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
391 Posts
Why do you think the peddle $3500 is scrap value? Will peddle buy a $3500 brick?

· Registered
391 Posts
This tells me to keep it a couple more years until the risk of battery failure is at the right hand side of the bathtub curve. So yes, scrap value could be less in two years but perhaps more. Best scenario is the car is fine and I can sell or trade it for 7K, worst case it bricks and I lose a few K for my decision to keep it.
Definitely. Even worse case, how can you not justify $5500 for two more years of the Volt experience? Not to mention increased insurance, taxes, registration etc.

My 2014 has 81,000 almost completely trouble free miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts