GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what these things are? (see images below) I found them while washing/detailing my 2013 Volt.

Do any of your Volts have these?

Photo 1 of 3: Tape, on the inside the pillar ("C" pillar?) of the rear door. It is on both rear door pillars...

Photo 2 of 3: Tape, on the inside the lower "A" pillar of the front passenger door (only on this door)...

Photo 3 of 3: Plastic rectangular piece under the front passenger floor mat (only on front passenger side)...

·
Registered
19 Posts
the dealer's detail-er should of removed the tape. my salesman caught this when i was picking up my car. the floor mat i don't know

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the dealer's detail-er should of removed the tape. my salesman caught this when i was picking up my car. the floor mat i don't know
Do you know what the tape is (was) for? If I peel it off, will it show a primer color?...bare metal...or something else?

I don't want to peel it off because 1) it could reveal another, unwanted color, and 2) it may not come off cleanly and look worse than having it on.

I guess it doesn't hurt anything to leave them on.

Now...the floor carpet item...that has really piqued my interest!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do you know what the tape is (was) for? If I peel it off, will it show a primer color?...bare metal...or something else?

I don't want to peel it off because 1) it could reveal another, unwanted color, and 2) it may not come off cleanly and look worse than having it on.

Now...the floor carpet item...that has really piqued my interest!
That spot on the floor on the passenger side... If you open that, you'll find another spot that shows your VIN #

·
Registered
154 Posts

IT's there to protect it from damage while shipping. It should come off clean and be paint color underneath - except if you waxed/polished it may be less shiny. I expect a bit of wax/polish would fix that right up.

MIke.

·
Registered
595 Posts
It's a tracking device, put there by Mikey & Bruce & Fiona from "Burn Notice" that time they distracted you....

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IT's there to protect it from damage while shipping. It should come off clean and be paint color underneath - except if you waxed/polished it may be less shiny. I expect a bit of wax/polish would fix that right up.

MIke.
I can tell that it (front pillar tape) does look like the protective covering when in transit, but the rear pillar tape looks very different.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Photo 1 is of protective tape that prevent the paint from being damaged on an "over-slam" condition (leave it); photo 2 is of protective tape that should have been removed during either the production process or by the dealer during delivery prep (remove it); photo 3 is an access window for the "frame number" which is usually the same as the VIN.

VIN # B0985

1 - 9 of 9 Posts