GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I am still listed as a newb, I joined the forum back in early 2011 and followed the Volt development before it was released. I even signed up for the interest list. As you can see, I am not much of a poster, but have followed this site multiple times per day for over 5 years. Well I finally did it and bought a 2017 Volt LT Siren Red at the end of the August. Took delivery a week ago Saturday. To say the least, I am not an impulse buyer:D. I had been starting to follow the Bolt and was planning to wait until it was out and decide which one to get. I like the large volume of the Bolt, but of course then longer trips take more planning. I got a private offer from the GM website, started shopping and could not stop after putting a couple days work into investigating what deals the FL dealers would make.
My commute is about 51 miles round trip, and so far have been able to do it consistently with about 9 or 10 miles remaining. The temps were not that bad last week, so much was with fan only. I'll admit, in a past life I was known to be a hypermiler. It has been interesting learning all the features that I have been reading about now first hand.
I find it interesting that the car shows 18 to 19 miles of EV usage in the 25.5 mile drive to work, but then uses 30 miles of range to drive the same distance home. Similar driving, no elevation changes. I am guessing that it is the 5 to 10 degree temp difference.
Jim
in Orlando

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
WOW, you sure took your time. But no matter, welcome aboard and the Gen II is a sweetheart. That additional range really makes it easy for the vast majority of folks to never have to worry about running out of juice.

And Siren Red is a popular choice.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Alright! Another Red one on the road. We are closing in on the Blue ones.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Now *THAT* is discipline. Congratulations! Soon, a true red vs blue war can initiate with the silvers, blacks, peppers, citrons, summits, pearls, and heathers as mercenaries...

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
AS happy as I am to see you with a VOLT

I was really thinking I would see the name in this thread was Raymondjram

We may need to start a gofundme.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts