GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the issues with driving a long distance? For example, I live in Florida will the Volt be feasible to drive to New England and back once a year?

·
Registered
40 Posts
First I hope thats not really your e-mail address because you are going to win the most spam ever award. Your mailbox will be filled to thee brim.

Now the question, the volt will drive just like any other car on a long distance strip except it will cost you less then driving an average 4 cyl.
Significantly so if you can plug it in while you sleep.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Long distance driving shouldn't be a problem. It should be able to take you from point A to point B just like a normal car. The only problem with long distance driving is that GM recently announced the Volt will have a much smaller gas tank than originally estimated (400 miles total).

That means if you start out with a full charge and a full tank of gas, your first 40 miles will be all electric, your next 360 miles will be gas, and then you will have to stop for gas every 360 miles thereafter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tank size

Welcome to the forums!

Long distance driving shouldn't be a problem. It should be able to take you from point A to point B just like a normal car. The only problem with long distance driving is that GM recently announced the Volt will have a much smaller gas tank than originally estimated (400 miles total).

That means if you start out with a full charge and a full tank of gas, your first 40 miles will be all electric, your next 360 miles will be gas, and then you will have to stop for gas every 360 miles thereafter.
So the obvious question is; how large is the gas tank going to be?

·
Registered
188 Posts
What the issues with driving a long distance? For example, I live in Florida will the Volt be feasible to drive to New England and back once a year?
That was the whole idea of the Volt. That it could be used on long trips. It would be cheaper to take Greyhound unless you have to have a car in New England. I would say fly, but I will no longer put up with TSA unless I have to travel internationally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts