GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.jackschmitt.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=new&bodyType=CAR&model=Bolt EV&priceRange_min=0&priceRange_max=114977&mileageRange_min=0&mileageRange_max=230000&offset=0

Back in Nov their discounts were $5500, then in Dec increased to $6100 and now over $7K. They originally had 10 2017 Bolt's now down to 3.

Not sure how much more they can be discounted. Dealer is Jack Schmitt Chevrolet in O Fallon Il. I have bought my 3 Volt's from them, 6 Corvette's and about 20 other vehicles since 1989.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
I'd get one at this price. We aren't seeing this type of discount where I am, which is weird. Then again that's the auto business.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The leftovers are probably no DCFC cars. When I called last month lease loyalty was needed to get the advertised discount.

·
Registered
707 Posts
This is just a ploy to get more people to admit that they know Jack Schmitt!

·
Administrator
20,232 Posts
Seems like great prices, depending on the fine print and selection.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I also called them last month but the cheapest with DCFC was a premier at $39k. Not a bad price but I was looking for an LT w/ DCFC which I found at another StL dealer. Good prices otherwise if you don't want or need DCFC.

Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
The blue one is DCFC. It's still got the same discounts as the others.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
The Koons Automotive Group is local to me in the DC Metro area. If I suddenly was forced to replace my 2017 Volt it raises an interesting choice, would I be better off with a Bolt or Volt? My current driving routine says Bolt but for me the Volt's front seats are much more comfortable and the Volt offers ACC.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I need to go drive one one day, after doing most of my miles in my 17 Volt, that I purchased March 17, as EV I figure if i need to take once a year long trip of around 1700 miles I can just do a rental. Of course I would lose my shirt over the trade. Would be nice if Chevy had a trade up program :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Would be nice if Chevy had a trade up program :)
^^ +1

Maybe in the next year or two... With the advent of many 200+ mile BEV's hitting the market in the next two years, from a variety of manufacturers, I believe we'll begin to see more competition for those who are already driving EV's.

This has the added bonus of putting more used EV's in the market for those who can't afford the newer ones, especially the 200+ mile Bolt EV.

Joe

·
Registered
6,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wonder if that's in their advertising...
It is.....and Jack owns a in-touched 63 split window vette and drives a Gen I Volt. Last time he displayed his vette in the showroom it had drip pans all over the place.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts