GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For the past few months I have been posting like a crazy man, trying to catch Steverino at 15K posts. I was in denial about a health issue until I saw a doctor yesterday. Now I'm facing further tests and treatments so I need to focus on fighting this, on family, getting everything in order, and doing my bucket list. It could be simple, or it could also be serious, we won't know until I see this through.

If you see me again, it would be bad news as that would mean I'm sitting in a hospital bed with nothing better to do than post on this forum as an escape. If I get thru this, I plan to live each day, week, year, decade to its fullest, travel the world, and spend time with friends and family. Pray to the big guy upstairs it's the latter.

I have made some great friends on this forum, total strangers who have accepted my total weirdness, or called me out when I'm way off base. But we all have a love for this miracle of a car, feats of engineering, and being different.

May all your miles be electric & free and may your nestegg be full of greenbacks. Stop looking at your DIC and just drive, drive it like you stole it, and don't forget to look around while you're flying by.

I'll leave you with my famous signature that I stopped using because enough people complained about all the scrolling...(it's a bit dated because it was before the bolt)

Answers:
-Premium, gas & model (G1)
-Don't freeze, use heat
-If you had to ask, get an electrician
-It does that
-Ally isn't your ally
-Power off, fixes itself
-ClipperCreek, VoltShelf, VoltScreen, antibuffeting kit, PlastiDip, GM Card
-$7.5K off tax owed
-L2 EVSE is liberating
-Don't provoke Elemental or DogMom
-81.8 mi - Ari C
-It drops when cold
-Slow down, it goes farther
-Don't push twice while moving
-Bolt:don't know yet

P.S. Now there's one person left on this forum who knows what SIAD means....
P.P.S. If you don't know what an R:IQ is, look it up, it will make you into a millionaire

·
Registered
376 Posts
I don't post a lot but browse the forum frequently and I always look forward to your posts.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and I am hopeful that you will come through this.

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
Inspired by you total commitment to the greenback dream. Getting there slowly.

Take care and post often during recovery.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Take care and my prayers go out to you.

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts
Yes, focus on your health, there is nothing here more important than that. If giving you all my post count would help, I'd gladly do it, llninja :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Peace and best to you, llninja. We'll hold down the fort for you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
llninja, you will most certainly be missed.

Good luck to both you and your family, I love your idea, get out there and enjoy the world.

·
Registered
412 Posts
At the dealership waiting for a new EVSE right now as #2 has died. Sorry for your situation but you've got the right attitude.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Don't leave the web! I'm sure there are folks out there facing or have faced what you are going through. As I drive my Volt around, I see one or two other Volts a week. I feel like I'm just one of a few lonely souls smart enough to drive this great car. But on the web, I hear from hundreds of Volt drivers.

There are a lot of crazies here for sure, and a lot of very smart people. You seem like the type that can figure out the difference between the two. Seek out forums of people that can advise and console. They are out there, I guarantee it!

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
….and spend time with friends and family. I hope that you will consider us as “friends and family” when you pull through this and return to us from time to time.

Keep a positive outlook, it helps, according to Dr. Marian C. Diamond (and I concur):

In her study of the brain, she found that the brains of females and males are structured differently, and brain stimulation can improve the immune system.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/16/science/marian-c-diamond-90-student-of-the-brain-is-dead.html?mcubz=0

“Dr. Diamond went on to show that brains can continue to develop through life; identified structural differences between male and female animal brains; and, by testing elderly players at a women’s bridge club, found that complex card play stimulated the body’s immune system.”

You might also consider us at GM-Volt to be a source of stimulation and continue to participate in the forum, for health reasons. And don’t miss out on crossword puzzles. They can be frustrating and rewarding, both at the same time.

Keep a positive attitude my friend. My best to you.

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
….and spend time with friends and family. I hope that you will consider us as “friends and family” when you pull through this and return to us from time to time.

Keep a positive outlook, it helps, according to Dr. Marian C. Diamond (and I concur):

In her study of the brain, she found that the brains of females and males are structured differently, and brain stimulation can improve the immune system.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/16/science/marian-c-diamond-90-student-of-the-brain-is-dead.html?mcubz=0

“Dr. Diamond went on to show that brains can continue to develop through life; identified structural differences between male and female animal brains; and, by testing elderly players at a women’s bridge club, found that complex card play stimulated the body’s immune system.”

You might also consider us at GM-Volt to be a source of stimulation and continue to participate in the forum, for health reasons. And don’t miss out on crossword puzzles. They can be frustrating and rewarding, both at the same time.

Keep a positive attitude my friend. My best to you.
Thanks for this info (and pulling me a bit out of the darkness). Believe me I'll be pretty busy with puzzles - the life puzzles of making sure all of my accounts are known to the wife and kids, checking that the beneficiaries are right, making sure the living trust/will/life insurance is in order, coming up with contingency plans, and ingesting everything I can possibly find on this medical condition.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Good luck with your recovery!

Hopefully you'll be back on the forum on your own terms (not laying in a hospital bed). I still need to turn you to the dark side and have you admit leasing a car can be a good move. :D

·
1,101 Posts
Put SCUBA diving on your list of things to try.

I find that when life get overwhelming, going diving is a great way to get relaxed!

Hope things turn out OK for you and your family.

Jim - C-5277

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Good luck with your recovery!

Hopefully you'll be back on the forum on your own terms (not laying in a hospital bed). I still need to turn you to the dark side and have you admit leasing a car can be a good move. :D
Maybe that's why Steve Jobs leased a new car every 6 months, he knew his time was precious. Do you think Tesla will lease me a car for 3-6 months at a time?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I am sorry to hear that you will be "going dark", hopefully for only a short time. Will miss your insight and experience with the Volt. You have made a big contribution to this Volt forum with your comments. I know it will be difficult, but please check in periodically.

Best wishes to you and your family.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts