GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just received a letter confirming what was in the news last week: Bélisle Chevrolet in Ottawa (Ontario) is closing on January 10, 2013.

The letter ends by saying that they will be holding a liquidation sale of their remaining stock; Last I checked, they had 5 MY2013 Volts in stock.

I had great service from my salesman, Alain Morin, when my wife and I purchased our 2012 Volt. The purchase experience was great and stress-free, so I highly recommend him.

Now I have to start looking for another Chevrolet dealer for the maintenance... good thing it doesn't require too much in that regard.

Michael

Red 2012, C-21234

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
How sad. As a small business owner I hate it every time I see something like this.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm fairly certain they sold their land to a developer. 3 major government agencies have major campuses near them. The land is prime real estate for the thousands of new employees or those wishing to move closer to their new offices. I bet they were simply offered a number they couldn't refuse.

It's a pity that they're going, but the consolidation of dealerships in Ottawa continues. It seems to be a Myers or Graham market for the most part.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm fairly certain they sold their land to a developer.
That's exactly what happened, the owner who's been in the business for the last 45 years (first opened 86 years ago, I think) decided to retire and sell the lot, which is located in a prime spot in Ottawa.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Can't blame them. That area is going to be hot, especially now that the City of Ottawa has earmarked $55M to raze parts of Cyrville and Ogilvie and put in shops, new stores, etc. and make it more like a small city centre that is amenable to walking, biking, etc. To say nothing of the LRT that will go in by 2017.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts