GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone having lint issues on their touchscreens on the center console? Wondering if a screen protector might help but I doubt it. I think the angle of the display is flat enough that dust/lint can statically cling to the screen.

Has anyone used furniture polish on these type of screens to cut down on dust/lint clinging to it?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Anyone having lint issues on their touchscreens on the center console? Wondering if a screen protector might help but I doubt it. I think the angle of the display is flat enough that dust/lint can statically cling to the screen.

Has anyone used furniture polish on these type of screens to cut down on dust/lint clinging to it?
What?

The angle has zero to do with it. People have simply wiped dust from the screens/head units for over a decade without issue.

Do not use furniture polish.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think the angle does play a role here. In G1 the panel was vertical (or at least nearly vertical) and recessed and got very little dust. The G2 panel is angled and unprotected and it's very difficult to keep it clear.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I think the angle does play a role here. In G1 the panel was vertical (or at least nearly vertical) and recessed and got very little dust. The G2 panel is angled and unprotected and it's very difficult to keep it clear.
No. Every vehicle I've had usually has a vertical screen surface and always attracts dust. Same for the plastic lens over the instrument cluster. Basic interior maintenance at play here :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Same hear, much more dust than MY14, oh I have a new MY16

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
789 Posts
I swear the center screen must pick up dust from other cars. I put a screen protector on mine which helps a little bit with the dust/lint and I wipe it every so often with a microfiber cloth to get rid of fingerprints.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts