GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose this is what drugs do to a person's brain. As a Reagan Republican and a former dittohead, Limbaugh has really turned me off (and I've done likewise to him).

The link below is to Limbaugh's website regarding the Volt and the induced battery fires:
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2011/12/06/regime_covered_up_chevy_volt_dangers

I think his link speaks for itself - as Limbaugh is fond of saying, when someone is making a fool of themselves, just get out of their way and let them go at it. He is starting [??] to sound like a demented raving lunatic (no offense to demented raving lunatics), rambling on with his disconnected thoughts.

"You know, the left is constantly out there trying to convince people that every big industry and corporation in America is trying to kill its customers. Big Oil is trying to pollute the world and destroy it. Every outfit out there is trying to pollute the water and the air, and the Republicans like dirty water and dirty air and so forth. And now isn't it ironic? We finally have a corporation that's trying to kill its customers, there's no outrage about it." [emphasis added]

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
I really wish he would just take one for a ride but I think he has his mind set on how bad it is. I think the graphic is messed up because I see OM on the car. If anything it should be BM (Bush Motors) because the car was introduced during his term and it was Bush who decided it was good for America to bail out the Auto companies. I'm not sure why he wants to give Obama credit for the best car ever made so far.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Don't see how Limbaugh could have lost "it". If by "it" you mean logic, you have to have "it", to loose "it".

The only "it" I think he has every had is an ability to get people riled up. Worked on you, so seems he still has that "it".

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I really wish he would just take one for a ride but I think he has his mind set on how bad it is. I think the graphic is messed up because I see OM on the car. If anything it should be BM (Bush Motors) because the car was introduced during his term and it was Bush who decided it was good for America to bail out the Auto companies. I'm not sure why he wants to give Obama credit for the best car ever made so far.
Limbaugh should know better. A few years ago, Limbaugh was plugging GM cars on the air and GM had given some cars to him and his staff to drive, which he praised glowingly. He is / was also pals with Bob Lutz (the guy behind the Volt who has said that global warming is a bunch of crap), so Limbaugh ought to know more about the Volt than most people. Lutz even brought Limbaugh to GM in around 2007 to show him vehicles under development, which included the Volt, and I wouldn't be surprised if Limbaugh even had a chance to drive an early Volt mule.

But it comes down to politics - even though the Volt (and the GM rescue / bailout, depending on your perspective) started under the Bush administration, it became a way to attack Obama, so Limbaugh resigned from his GM advertising (he would have been fired anyway) and ignored the facts and reality in order to attack Obama and pander to his audience.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
It has to be a very strange life to sit in a little room by yourself and essentially do a monologue night after night (or day after day, no idea what his production schedule is). No audience feedback. Just you, a speaker, and the need to fill the time and space with your voice. Simply can't be conducive to mental health.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Don't see how Limbaugh could have lost "it". If by "it" you mean logic, you have to have "it", to loose "it".

The only "it" I think he has every had is an ability to get people riled up. Worked on you, so seems he still has that "it".
Limbaugh is becoming less and less relevant, but he still has 15 million weekly listeners (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-listened-to_radio_programs), down from the 20 million he used to claim. He has not only the ability to get people riled up, but has a big influence on public opinion and on many elected officials; much more so than this little blog ever could. But like Brett Favre or Joe Paterno or Jon Corzine, he should have retired long ago and taken his money and just taken it easy, and not pretend he could keep doing forever what he's been doing, without calling attention to how much he's fallen.

·
Registered
867 Posts
He, like others, are just doing whatever they have to do to tear down Obama and the liberals. Anything bad they are going to do their best to attach it to Obama whether he had anything to do with it or not.

·
Administrator
20,646 Posts
I was speaking to a customer of mine who asked me about the "Volt controversy", I replied its was all simply politics to kill the car, kill GM and sink Obama. He said, "I'm a conservative Republican, but I am turned off by this 'get Obama by any means'. It's not right. You can't say he has done nothing right and everything must be destroyed to get him out of office."

So Rush and friends may be feeding the rabid dogs, but they are pushing away many others.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now there's this jewel, courtesy of the Drudge Report:
AUDI chief on Chevy Volt: 'A car for idiots'...
http://www.simplygreen.co.za/intern...-chief-calls-chevy-volt-a-car-for-idiots.html

How do you feel about that, Volt owners? (The site is down, so I couldn't read the article, but I'm sure I can predict what it will say.) From the head of a car company that likely doesn't have a clue how to build anything with an electrified drive, which is okay, because some day, at this rate, Audi will be as irrelevant as Acme Buggy Whip Inc. or Cleveland Ice Delivery.

The following is from a Cadillac ad from 1915, and nearly 100 years later, it is truly relevant to GM and the Volt:

THE PENALTY OF LEADERSHIP
In every field of human endeavour, he that is first must perpetually live in the white light of publicity. Whether the leadership be vested in a man or in a manufactured product, emulation and envy are ever at work. In art, in literature, in music, in industry, the reward and the punishment are always the same. The reward is widespread recognition; the punishment, fierce denial and detraction. When a man’s work becomes a standard for the whole world, it also becomes a target for the shafts of the envious few. If his work be mediocre, he will be left severely alone - if he achieves a masterpiece, it will set a million tongues a-wagging. Jealousy does not protrude its forked tongue at the artist who produces a commonplace painting. Whatsoever you write, or paint, or play, or sing, or build, no one will strive to surpass or to slander you unless your work be stamped with the seal of genius. Long, long after a great work or a good work has been done, those who are disappointed or envious, continue to cry out that it cannot be done. Spiteful little voices in the domain of art were raised against our own Whistler as a mountback, long after the big would had acclaimed him its greatest artistic genius. Multitudes flocked to Bayreuth to worship at the musical shrine of Wagner, while the little group of those whom he had dethroned and displaced argued angrily that he was no musician at all. The little world continued to protest that Fulton could never build a steamboat, while the big world flocked to the river banks to see his boat steam by. The leader is assailed because he is a leader, and the effort to equal him is merely added proof of that leadership. Failing to equal or to excel, the follower seeks to depreciate and to destroy - but only confirms once more the superiority of that which he strives to supplant. There is nothing new in this. It is as old as the world and as old as human passions - envy, fear, greed, ambition, and the desire to surpass. And it all avails nothing. If the leader truly leads, he remains - the leader. Master-poet, master-painter, master-workman, each in his turn is assailed, and each holds his laurels through the ages. That which is good or great makes itself known, no matter how loud the clamor of denial. That which deserves to live - lives.

·
Registered
183 Posts
George Bush, whom I'm no fan of by any means, should get credit for the Volt, too. Remember the $25 billion the government gave the auto manufacturers to develop alternative propulsion system cars back in late '08? That bill has Bush's signature on it.

As for Limbaugh, he's a flat out liar. One example in that lame excuse for an op-ed piece is his quoting that only 1,100 Volts have been sold when we all know we're well clear of 6,000.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
The following is from a Cadillac ad from 1915, and nearly 100 years later, it is truly relevant to GM and the Volt:

THE PENALTY OF LEADERSHIP

Thanks.. That quote reminds me of one of my favoriate passages from Machiavelli's "The prince" (chapter 6)

And it ought to be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things. Because the innovator has for enemies all those who have done well under the old conditions, and lukewarm defenders in those who may do well under the new. This coolness arises partly from fear of the opponents, who have the laws on their side, and partly from the incredulity of men, who do not readily believe in new things until they have had a long experience of them. Thus it happens that whenever those who are hostile have the opportunity to attack they do it like partisans, whilst the others defend lukewarmly, in such wise that the prince is endangered along with them.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Now there's this jewel, courtesy of the Drudge Report:
AUDI chief on Chevy Volt: 'A car for idiots'...
http://www.simplygreen.co.za/intern...-chief-calls-chevy-volt-a-car-for-idiots.html
I saw that from Drudge as well. I love how every piece from Drudge about the Volt is negative. I guess that can be expanded to democrats and Obama as well. The link is probably bad becaude the story is 2 YEARS OLD. Here is a link to it from this site.

http://gm-volt.com/2009/09/03/audi-north-america-president-say-chevy-volt-is-a-car-for-idiots/

On DailyKos (which I lurk frequently) there have been quite a few posts from the author of the book "Confessions of a former Dittohead". His posts were always very entertaining and enlightening. I don't know how people actually enjoy listening to his program. It just raises my blood pressure.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
George Bush, whom I'm no fan of by any means, should get credit for the Volt, too. Remember the $25 billion the government gave the auto manufacturers to develop alternative propulsion system cars back in late '08? That bill has Bush's signature on it.

As for Limbaugh, he's a flat out liar. One example in that lame excuse for an op-ed piece is his quoting that only 1,100 Volts have been sold when we all know we're well clear of 6,000.
At the end of the day it is Bob Lutz and GM who are the people responsable for the Volt. Not Bush nor Obama. I'm not sure why people continue to bring politics and the volt together. GM was bailed out because it was directly and indirectly responsable for the employment of hundreds of thousands of people. It has nothing to do with the Volt end of story.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
General Motors should sue Limbaugh to Mars for libel; we have clear malice and thus, a tort.

The man is a drug addict and a seditionist, and should be treated as such by law enforcement.

James McQuaid

·
Registered
3 Posts
It isn't Limbaugh you should be mad at! he would be right behind the Volt if he had a chance to drive one. The problem is we need the media to get behind us. Chevy has got a goldmine here if they can just get the shaft cut and start digging at the problems. get it? mining joke.

·
Registered
915 Posts
At the end of the day it is Bob Lutz and GM who are the people responsable for the Volt. Not Bush nor Obama. I'm not sure why people continue to bring politics and the volt together. GM was bailed out because it was directly and indirectly responsable for the employment of hundreds of thousands of people. It has nothing to do with the Volt end of story.

Unfortunately there are some minds you will never change. The amount of news stories i read today on the SAAB bankruptcy and the amount of comments on GM screwing them over and the Volt Mentioned makes me think the car is just never going to be accepted universally. Its unfortunate but its bagged and tagged Obama and I don't see that changing.. SAD.

·
Registered
151 Posts
After everyone get passed the politics, the Volt will stand on it's own. All the Nay-sayer here in Alabama that I let drive the car is really amazed.
The one thing I have noticed, many people (young people) have never heard of the Volt. I really think GM should take notice of this and start marketing it to the young drivers. The young is the future and the future of the Volt.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts