GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

2014, owned since new. Reached a milestone today, 100.0 mpg displayed on trip odometer A. Trip odometer A has never been reset, so at 67221.6
it essentially equals the odometer at 67225 miles.

I noted that the lifetime mileage display shows 107 miles. I know not to trust the GOM, but the lifetime mileage too?

Font Electric blue Sports equipment Circle Gas
Font Gadget Liquid Display device Multimedia
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Steering part

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Lifetime mileage tends to be very good. Remember that it is overall, not regarding concepts like "electric miles" compared to "gas miles". It's just straight "odometer / fuel used ever".

·
Registered
2013 Volt - Silver Topaz
316 Posts
Strange, you certainly would expect them to be the same. I wouldn’t think they would be pulling the data from 2 different places. Lifetime MPG on the center stack should be odometer miles divided by gallons of gas used. Trip A MPG should be Trip A miles divided by gallons used over those miles, which in your case are essentially the same. I have never reset my trip B, but I haven’t compared the MPG on the two screens. I’ll try to remember to do that the next time I’m out for a drive.

·
Premium Member
2012 Volt Premium (Cyber Gray Metallic) - Stock
299 Posts
My Cruze’s lifetime mileage was also off by a bit, but in the wrong direction. I’m guessing they let it idle a bit before they reset the trip meter on PDI, explaining the mileage hit.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Trip odometers do funky things when you've covered over 100,000 km, and we still don't know all the behaviors because so few people ever hit them. Early Volts (2011-2012) outright roll over and reset. It looks like maybe your kept recording the fuel use but stopped recording the amount of miles past 100,000 km for the fuel economy figuring, which would have been at about 62,xxx-something, or about 5k miles ago. That feels like about the right percentage to account for the discrepancy between the two. (100 vs 107 mpg)

·
Registered
2015 Volt
1 Posts
Hey all,

2014, owned since new. Reached a milestone today, 100.0 mpg displayed on trip odometer A. Trip odometer A has never been reset, so at 67221.6

I noted that the lifetime mileage display shows 107 miles. I know not to trust the GOM, but the lifetime mileage too?

View attachment 173004 View attachment 173005 View attachment 173006
I do the same with NY cars too. Reset Trip 1 and leave it alone. Excited to do so with my Volt on Thursday when it's delivered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all,
2014, owned since new. Reached a milestone today, 100.0 mpg displayed on trip odometer A. Trip odometer A has never been reset, so at 67221.6 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

it sucks man it happened with multiple people you're not the only one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts