GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit Lifetime 110 MPGe today, Lifetime 1,247 MPG for today's 38,532 total miles with 1,349 gas miles and 37,183 EV miles. If it weren’t for the gas used, I would have easily gotten 126 Lifetime MPGe.

Come to think of it, I used gasoline, and yet my lifetime MPGe of 110 exceeds the EPA rating of 106 MPGe for all electric miles. My car is very efficient.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Darn VoltStats! My Stats are frozen there. At least, the secure.myvolt website says that I am holding steady at 1000+ mpg.

Anyway, great achievement over EPA rating...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’m so jealous. The weather has turned cold here and I’m only getting like 71mpge. I’m watching the average mpge decline every day! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
393 Posts
S.E. Wisconsin, here. At only 18,000 miles and headed into its second winter, my '17 LT's lifetime is at 122 MPGe and 1,287 mpg.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
That's great! Way better than a Tesla. How many gas miles did you drive?
"At only 18,000 miles and headed into its second winter, my '17 LT's lifetime is at 122 MPGe and 1,287 mpg."

18000/1287 = 14 gallons burned. Using sticker value for fuel economy makes it just under 600 miles on gas. I realize most people can beat EPA MPG in actual driving, but in Wisconsin, you gotta balance that against ERDTT as well as Engine Maintenance so there's probably two or three gallons that got burned at about 14 MPG in January and Feb. EPA works well as a compromise.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"At only 18,000 miles and headed into its second winter, my '17 LT's lifetime is at 122 MPGe and 1,287 mpg."

18000/1287 = 14 gallons burned. Using sticker value for fuel economy makes it just under 600 miles on gas. I realize most people can beat EPA MPG in actual driving, but in Wisconsin, you gotta balance that against ERDTT as well as Engine Maintenance so there's probably two or three gallons that got burned at about 14 MPG in January and Feb. EPA works well as a compromise.
It would be nice to get the actual gasoline used though. I used to do it with VoltStats.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My last 30 days from GM website

Energy Consumption

Electric Miles: 1,889
Gas Miles: 4 (EMM)
Total Miles: 1,893
Fuel Economy: 1000+ MPG
Combined Economy: 131 MPGe

·
Registered
393 Posts
It would be nice to get the actual gasoline used though. I used to do it with VoltStats.
As did I...until I mistakenly hit "log out" when leaving it one day. Since I can't remember my password, I'm now locked out (no big deal). I decided it wasn't worth the hassle to contact them, and I'll probably remove it from my phone soon...as I did with AA after I tested it out and found it to be kind of useless for my situation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts