GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first production Volt slated for personal ownership (Vin 002) has been up for auction for the past two weeks.
http://www.bidonthevolt.com ... or skip the landing page and go right to the item description:
http://volt.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/253700

The Detroit Public Schools Foundation will reap the rewards, so it's for a good cause.

We're down to approximately 19+ hours now. Currently the bid is at $185,000. This is where it's been for the past ten days or so. Of course, auctions like this usually heat up in the last couple of hours or even minutes. So, just for funsies, post your guess here... how much do you think the auction will end up pulling in?

If your guess is closest to the winning bid (whether above or below), you'll be the winner of our little game. Your prize? Nothin' but the pride of winning. But hey, bragging rights are fun!

NOTE: Actual bidders, especially ridiculously wealthy ones, please do not post a guess. It's no fun, if you have inside information! :D

My guess is $228,000.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I've wondered how they are vetting the bidders.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
My guess, $375,000.00

Some suggest it could go to a million. The "shocker" would be if it stayed under 200K.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Mike-oMatic
Unless they change the bid increment you may have trouble being on the exact end price. Of course you could come closest if it went for $225000 or $230000.

I will say $245,000

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My guess is 255k. But, if Jay Leno shows up, then all bets are off ! LOL
Ha ha! I actually was considering exempting him specifically, but I felt I already was being too sticky on the rules :D

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
@ Xzlon,

Hard to know... You may be right. They seem to have the next-bid-up set at "current + $5000," but I don't know why somebody couldn't bid "current + $8000," for example.

Or maybe I'm just crazy... like a fox. Giving myself two shots at winning.... MUA HA HAH AHAH AHAH HA HAaaaaaaa....

·
Registered
323 Posts
Jay could already have his high bid in on BID MAX. He is just waiting to see if he can get it for less than his large bid.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I suspect a little action in the last hour probably, but not too much due to how high the bidding already is. I can't imagine paying 185,000 for anything, but then I can't imagine having that much money to spend. I think they will finish at 205,000.

·
Registered
323 Posts
@ Xzlon,

Hard to know... You may be right. They seem to have the next-bid-up set at "current + $5000," but I don't know why somebody couldn't bid "current + $8000," for example.

Or maybe I'm just crazy... like a fox. Giving myself two shots at winning.... MUA HA HAH AHAH AHAH HA HAaaaaaaa....
Miki-oMatic
You called it right. Rake in your chips!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yay! Lucky me.

I won... let's see... nothin'. From myself, no less :D LMAO!!

Thanks for playing along y'all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts