GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
apologize if this has been asked before. Looking to get a 2019 in Michigan but hoping to time this for late November/December. Im in no rush other than I want to get it this year for tax reasons.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Cutting it close! My dealer originally said 10-12 weeks from order to delivery. Cars are starting to appear at dealers now, I'm sure most are spoken for, however.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just return from our local dealer. Built and priced a 2019 Premier. 42043.00. The best they'd do is 'supplier pricing'. Roughly 40500.00. I think they can do better. Anyone else?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
278 Posts
When I ordered my 2018 in late March it was scheduled to take 6 weeks to be made. Got delayed 1 week, so 7 weeks actual time.

I live about 1 hour from the factory, so certification, shipping and actual delivery took 3 days.

On the front end, I ordered on a Tuesday and the orders from my dealer are down loaded by GM on Tuesday nights. Orders are only down loaded once a week. The day you place the order could add as much as 1 week.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You better order today! They shut down early at Christmas and there is also Thanksgiving. Last spring I ordered an 18 and it was built but then delayed a whole month because it was randomly pulled from the line for quality assurance testing. The fact that is was a sold order made no difference.
If it comes in a week or two early that is no big deal. Any fair dealer will let the car sit for a week or two if you want. But if it gets delayed and does not make it before Jan 1. you are going to miss the boat.
I have ordered many new cars so I speak from a wealth of experience . I plan to order my 2019 Volt next Wednesday. I plan to pick it up after Jan. 1 for the new tax year.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
My 2016 took about 3 months after order to delivery, though I recall my salesperson saying it would take about 2 months. After the holidays hit, things just take longer. In the end, we finished the paperwork the week between Christmas and New Year, so I could take the tax credit, but I didn't actually take possession of the car until the week after. They said as long as they had the VIN, they could do the paperwork.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts