GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a bit out of my league currently, but perhaps someone on here can get a steal. Bonner Chevrolet near me in Kingston, PA has a leftover 2015 with about 3,000 miles on it. Online price is marked at $28,900.

http://www.bonnerchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/new-2015-Chevrolet-Volt-5dr_HB-Kingston-PA/2495057063

Looks to have Safety 1 (rear parking sensors in pics); beyond that I can't tell much other than it's 1G1RB for the VIN.

It's out of my range, but someone here might be able to pick it up for a song...?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Without the federal and any other credits the listed price makes no sense when the price of a base '17--a better car-- is compared.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without the federal and any other credits the listed price makes no sense when the price of a base '17--a better car-- is compared.
I called and left a message about it, but I'm guessing it'll still be out of my purchase price range even if they discount it severely.

·
Registered
706 Posts
The dealership near me has a new '14 they are trying to get rid of at 25% off. It is base, so it puts it a little over $26k before tax credit.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
That's a steal for the dealer.....as in stealing the money of whoever would pay that price.

A new base '17 can be had for almost the same price as that "steal" '15. OTD price needs to be $20k or less to be a true "steal".

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
This is a bit out of my league currently, but perhaps someone on here can get a steal. Bonner Chevrolet near me in Kingston, PA has a leftover 2015 with about 3,000 miles on it. Online price is marked at $28,900.

http://www.bonnerchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/new-2015-Chevrolet-Volt-5dr_HB-Kingston-PA/2495057063

Looks to have Safety 1 (rear parking sensors in pics); beyond that I can't tell much other than it's 1G1RB for the VIN.

It's out of my range, but someone here might be able to pick it up for a song...?
How is this a steal?

·
Registered
52 Posts
We purchased a 2015 in March of 2015 for $28K. Don't think that is such a good deal a year and a half later. It would need to be in the low 20's to be even tempting.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Clearly the OP was under the impression you can get the federal credit...Even if that's the case it's not a steal but perhaps you could get them to knock down the price by several thousand...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Never heard back from them after leaving a message. I figured that someone would be able to squeeze them pretty good on the price. It's not nearly worth the price they have listed now, but they've got to be willing to move on it as they've got a 2017 for 34k on the lot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts