GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the stupid question and I thought this was addressed a long time ago (however, I cant find the thread :( ), but does the G1 Volt with "leather seats" have "bonded leather" seats (ground up leather dust mixed with vinyl and extruded into sheets) or is it 100% vinyl/Naugahyde leather-looking material, or something else? I doubt it is true, split grain leather on the seats, a la Rolls Royce.

I have a 2014 with the "leather" and ultrasuede hybrid seats. I tried cleaning the "leather" parts of the seats the other day with leather cleaner wipes and the stuff just beads up. It doesn't seem to do anything at all. The only place it seemed to have an effect was the steering wheel which I think may be 100% genuine split grain leather.

I'm starting to see creases in the seat bolsters and want to do something to prevent cracking, which is what eventually happens to vinyl and cheap, bonded leather (pleather).

Vinyl cleaner (Nu Vinyl etc?) or leather cleaner, or is it all just pointless because the stuff is impervious like a vinyl raincoat?

·
Registered
129 Posts
The 'Pebble Suede' seats are described as 'Leather appointed'. I assumed it was the bolsters. Maybe it's just a piece of leather patched in somewhere else

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts