GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used anything to clean and restore the leather seats? I don’t think it’s real leather, maybe the center of the seats are. I’ve been cleaning it with a mild solution of simple green and water. This works well but I’m looking to restore my drivers seat a little more. All of the passenger seats look brand new!
I’m not sure which product to go with as there are so many.
Vehicle Car Automotive design Car seat cover Grey
Vehicle Car Automotive design Car seat cover Grey

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don’t think it’s real leather, maybe the center of the seats are.
The seating surfaces are real - you can feel the texture difference between the real and fake sections.

I have recently been using the Griot's 3 in 1 Leather conditioner/protectant - but only because I'm lazy and that's the best that is available at my local auto parts store. I'm sure there are plenty of better options out there. Kinda like asking what is the best engine oil...

-Charlie

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow, I thought that was a picture of my own seats. Mine look identical.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wow, I thought that was a picture of my own seats. Mine look identical.
Mine driver's seat is a bit more 'stretched' in the sit-bone area and both seats have a small crack in the vinyl section near seatback controls. a little disappointing for a 4 year old car with 55k miles on it. Maybe the previous owner was on the heavy side...

-Charlie

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine has also developed a strange vertical stretch, presumably where my spine rests. I worry what they'll look like in five years' time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts