GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2012 Volt that I ordered is at the dealer. My current car lease expires in late Sept. I am trying to hold out until as late as possible.

I was told that the dealer should have leasing information today.... perhaps by the time I test drive it at lunch.

I am hoping the 2012 Lease is the same or maybe slightly better than the 2011. I was told that the 2011 would have been about $485/month (including leather/heated seats as the only option and including Michigan 6% tax) with 3 Years, $0 Down and 15,000 miles per year. With the ~$1000 price drop, the numbers should be a bit more favorable.

However, the key is a dealer incentive that I think is more than $1000 (perhaps $1500?). If that goes away, my payment will likely shoot over $500. Even a $500 payment would be OK since I expect to save about $150/month in fuel. However, it will be 60% higher than my current lease payment ($310/month for my 2008 Impala).

Anyone else waiting for 2012 Lease numbers?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes, I'm also waiting for lease details. I ordered a base model 2012 Volt and have heard different stories on leasing. Someone said Ally could have a special deal for Volt leases and the details are coming soon, maybe today? Let me know what you hear and I'll do the same.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Saw this on another thread... thought it might help you out.

Per Chris @ RK Chevrolet:
"36 mo. 12k miles/year....for S and A tiers ONLY at ALLY; S, 1, and 2 at US Bank. Other rates for lower tiers. Payment $399 on a BASE VOLT with an MSRP of $39,995.
Due at signing ALLY: $399 first payment, $2,100 downpayment, $400 security deposit (non waiverable), disposition fee: none, total due at signing: $2,899.
Due at signing US Bank: $399 first payment, $1,540 downpayment, $0 security deposit, $395 disposition fee (due at lease end), total due at signing $1939.
Tax, tags, title, license, registration, and fees extra."

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I was just at a dealer today and they haven't heard anything regarding the lease info. The finance guy did give me this lease option:
$540/Month with $1090.98 down @ 36mo & 12k/yr on a MSRP of $41,885 (base plus premium pkg and Bose).

They just got the demo in yesterday.

Attachments

·
Banned
200 Posts
BobbleHead,

Congrats getting rid of your ~ 22 mpg gas guzzler, but for cost comparisons a Cruze is a similar car to a Volt (minus the hybrid plug-in, of course).

Addendum: I used the GM website lease calculator on a ~ $17k Cruze. It costs ~ $150 a month less than a Volt assuming $3.7/gallon petrol, 5 cents/mile electricity, and 30 mpg overall Cruze economy.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Congrats getting rid of your ~ 22 mpg gas guzzler, but for cost comparisons a Cruze is a similar car to a Volt (minus the hybrid plug-in, of course).
Eric, you've gotten positively delusional. Get a grip. US News ranks the Volt as an equal to the BMW 3 series, and that only because the BMW's interior is better. Car wise the Volt beats the BMW like a drum.

Also FYI the Volt costs $1500 more than a Cruze over five years. Peanuts. Add it all up and you have to reach the conclusion: "Only a dolt wouldn't buy a Volt!"

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was just at a dealer today and they haven't heard anything regarding the lease info. The finance guy did give me this lease option:
$540/Month with $1090.98 down @ 36mo & 12k/yr on a MSRP of $41,885 (base plus premium pkg and Bose).

There's a Summit White/Spice Red on it's way to Sir Walter that was to be mine, but they ordered it w/o MyLink so I am now leasing a Turbo Regal. The lease they quoted me was 517 with about the same down. I was going to buy it, but instead bought another rental house. I'm probably a wash w/ the Regal (345/mo) and gas but I'm still happy. Talk to JJ, she's real sweet and was always on my side when the owner screwed up the order.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
There's a Summit White/Spice Red on it's way to Sir Walter that was to be mine, but they ordered it w/o MyLink so I am now leasing a Turbo Regal. The lease they quoted me was 517 with about the same down. I was going to buy it, but instead bought another rental house. I'm probably a wash w/ the Regal (345/mo) and gas but I'm still happy. Talk to JJ, she's real sweet and was always on my side when the owner screwed up the order.
I talked to JJ today and she said the white one is coming in soon. However, my wife rejected the red interior. I'm want a Blue/Black with leather. Sir Walter doesn't have any more allocations until Spring 2012.

·
Registered
274 Posts

Using the numbers you provided and a 44% residual with the $7500 tax credit added into the residual (the way USBank calculates the 2011 volt) you should have been quoted around $450 per month. To get to a monthly payment - without tax of $540 per month, the dealer appears to be basing the lease on a selling price that is $3000 over MSRP
You are getting hosed!
Stuart #2209

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
That's $6,500 over MSRP on a $42,000 car. Don't you think you'd be entitled to dinner and drinks first?

Stuart #2209
And maybe a kiss!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts