GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, Leased a 2015 demo with 2300 miles for 36months and 15K miles per year. Car has the sec Pack 1 and heated seats
would have liked leather seats but this was the only one available at my local dealer.

The details;
Gross Cap Cost $31,253.50 ($4,500 off for demo)
Cap cost reduction 6,326.32 ($1,000 Current GM lease expire, $2051 GM card including gross up, $1,000 Private
Offer that I found out about on this site, $2275 lease cap reduction)
Adjusted Cap Cost 24,927.18
Residual Value 19,073.70

Ally Lease pre-paid in cash in $8,377.24 which works out to $232.77 month

Got all the stuff working and my only regret is that I missed the Consumers Energy charge station installation at my home...it expired December 31, 2014 and they would pay up to $2,500 for charger and install...but then I would not I received the GM Card gross up and maybe not the private offer.

Would have liked to have waited for the next generation but current lease was done.

Look forward to tips and ideas from this web site.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Check your electricity use. Many people near me find plugging in their car boosts their whole house rate to a much higher tier. See if your utility offers a time of use rate on a separate meter. Separate meter and L2 could cost as little as $1000 and pay for itself in less than 3 years.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Check your electricity use. Many people near me find plugging in their car boosts their whole house rate to a much higher tier. See if your utility offers a time of use rate on a separate meter. Separate meter and L2 could cost as little as $1000 and pay for itself in less than 3 years.
Even if you go into a higher tier, it's not like all of a sudden you're suddenly charged the higher rate on your entire usage. You'd only be charged the higher rate at whatever the tier cutoff was (if you enter the next tier after 1,000 kWh, the higher rate would only apply for kWh 1,001 and on).

·
Registered
524 Posts
Even if you go into a higher tier, it's not like all of a sudden you're suddenly charged the higher rate on your entire usage. You'd only be charged the higher rate at whatever the tier cutoff was (if you enter the next tier after 1,000 kWh, the higher rate would only apply for kWh 1,001 and on).
House uses 500 kwh per month at $0.15 per kwh. Add a Volt at 450 kwh. At a 550 tier the rate jumps to $0.18 for effectively almost all the car charging. Or add second meter where price is $0.10 per kwh. You do not hit the tier with the first meter and you are saving $0.08 per kwh. That's over $400 a year saving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts