GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my story. I have a 2017 Volt Premier, leased for 36 months, with four months remaining on my payments. I was planning to lease a 2019, but they're going out of production by March. Are there any programs that would be like a "pull ahead" that would allow me to turn in the Volt now, and get a new one (Premier) for my same lease terms (36 months, 10,000 miles/yr., $1500 total out of pocket and a payment of $261.79 including CT tax, which is what I have now).

Probably not, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Ask your dealer. I think they would love to get you into a new car and extend your lease.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Your monthly payment will likely be higher as interest rates /money factors are up. With production ending in March you should still be able to get one when your lease is up. Also consider factory ordering one. That will take time and you can guarantee you get the color/options that you want.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your monthly payment will likely be higher as interest rates /money factors are up. With production ending in March you should still be able to get one when your lease is up. Also consider factory ordering one. That will take time and you can guarantee you get the color/options that you want.
Yup; you were spot on, but I didn't know by how much. For the same $$ out of pocket at lease inception, same lease terms and MSRP within $200, the payments go up by over $250! Holy crap. I guess I'll turn it in at lease end, or see if I can negotiate a favorable buy-out. Wow; what a difference!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, Have you thought about selling it or having someone take over your lease? What would your current lease buyout be?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hello, Have you thought about selling it or having someone take over your lease? What would your current lease buyout be?
I imagine he has . . . . but now that he's discovered that the lease on a new 2019 would cost him $250 more than the lease he has now, what's the point? Now, he's looking forward to buying the car himself at lease end

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts