GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Chicago suburb, top of the line 2017 volt premiere

listing 43,000
dealer offering 41,000

$1500 cash to dealer

currently leasing 2014 infiniti (assuming conquest incentive)

no UBER

no farmer

no student

no military

no family discount

36 months

15,000 miles year

$539 month.

seems awful high from what I've been seeing. last day of the month (sept). didn't seem to want to do too much more.

Any feelings?

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
There are really just a few numbers that matter. One is MSRP. One is purchase price. The third is lease cash. The fourth is residual. You have the first two but not the last two. Assuming $4500 of lease cash (essentially part of the tax credit), and a 50% residual, then you'd be looking at ($43000 - $21500 - $2000 - $1500 - $4000)/36 months = $388.89/month. Taxes, interest, and so forth extra. Any further discounts like conquest bonus would make it less.

In CARB states the discounts off MSRP can be higher.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Chevrolet.com is listing no offers for 17 Volts. If you want the nitty gritty, the GM Financial Dealer Workbook can be found online, search for it and hope the October edition appears. Terms won't be stellar though, the resid for Premier is worse than LT.

Edit - dealers can tag a car for $1500 off

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Why not shop around and let us know your best deal? Make them compete against each other...Also the "listing" seems high, either has official dealer add ons or non-dealer add on BS such as undercoating, vin etching, etc...Both can be had at cheaper prices; just check to see what you're getting...

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are really just a few numbers that matter.

Money factor matters. GM Financial allows the dealers to inflate it a certain amount to increase dealer profit, so it pays to download the monthly Dealer Workbook and look up the minimum money factor. It's also handy to look up the residual values at various months/miles.

Everybody who is shopping leases should learn to calculate the correct payment for themselves.
(Selling price+tax+etc-lease incentive-residual value-down payment) / months = monthly depreciation cost
(Selling price+tax+etc-lease incentive+residual value-down payment) x money factor = monthly interest cost
Add the two together and you've got a monthly payment.

If you open the workbook, there's something to click at the bottom that allows you to download the 400 page .pdf.
https://gmfinancial.cld.bz/GM-Financial-Dealer-Workbook

·
Registered
425 Posts
get a price from Keyes in California and consider having they ship you a volt. You should be able to find keyes - search for Rick Alpern.
Your price seems very high, i am leasing a 2017 volt with msrp of about $40500 for $331 per month

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
It seems that Volt is treated as a premium sale in some areas of the US. Like a Corvette or RS Camaro. My lease was just under $500 in 2013. No State incentive either.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
There are 3000 chevy dealers; we have only found about ten who are willing to sell them at superlow pricing of $0 down $200ish/mo for a base and $300ish/mo for a Premier...Odds are 99% of dealers won't come close to those numbers...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Walk away.

You would be barking mad to pay over $500/month to lease a volt. You could lease a fantastic luxury car like a BMW or an Audi for that. The Volt is not in that category of car. Tell the dealer to return to planet earth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info everyone. In this negotiation, I seemed to be the only one giving and giving. I'll look elsewhere I think.

Finally, what is the consensus on Fed tax incentives and leases? They were basically saying "ignore all that."

Mark

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Thanks for the info everyone. In this negotiation, I seemed to be the only one giving and giving. I'll look elsewhere I think.

Finally, what is the consensus on Fed tax incentives and leases? They were basically saying "ignore all that."

Mark
The lender gets the federal tax credit...Things change month to month, generally non-carb states gets about 66% of the credit in the form of an incentive and 99% in carb states...I don't know every state but in Cali you do get to keep the entire state incentive for yourself...

You might want to look into the Costco program as it's an under invoice starting price...Get it priced out, bring your paperwork to another dealer to tell them to beat it...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow, that's a horrible deal on a car that's not selling very well.

Ignore the tax credit? That's there way of saying we are keeping the tax credit but you are getting screwed and will pay $19000 to drive this car for 3 years.

Why is your sticker price so high? Crazy dealer add-ons? The better question is why are they not offering you a better deal off the MSRP. I got $5700 off the sticker for my loaded car, but I bought mine and will also get the full tax credit with no lease shenanigans.

·
Registered
118 Posts
There are 3000 chevy dealers; we have only found about ten who are willing to sell them at superlow pricing of $0 down $200ish/mo for a base and $300ish/mo for a Premier...Odds are 99% of dealers won't come close to those numbers...
I need to replace my lease return in the next few days.......WHO IS offering the New Loaded Volt Premier at 0 down & 300 month TODAY??
Please advise??
thans

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've been looking for that deal too. Since you are in California why aren't you talking to Keyes and Rydell Chevrolet? They seems to have the most Volts, and are the most aggressive. That's your best shot.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've been looking for that deal too. Since you are in California why aren't you talking to Keyes and Rydell Chevrolet? They seems to have the most Volts, and are the most aggressive. That's your best shot.
I have and right now its about 380-390 a month? IF you find it ...please pm me....
thanks

·
Registered
677 Posts
I got a superb deal on mine from Rydell in Northridge. They will ship as well. My 3 year lease on a Premier with 15K miles a year is $320 including tax with $3499 down.

get a price from Keyes in California and consider having they ship you a volt.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I got a superb deal on mine from Rydell in Northridge. They will ship as well. My 3 year lease on a Premier with 15K miles a year is $320 including tax.
Hi Don how long ago did you get that quote? I just got one for much higher at the same terms? Who did you deal with? I will sign for that one...
thanks

·
Registered
677 Posts
It was back in the beginning of March. My salesman was Fabian Torres. However, since that was 7 months ago, I suspect that the deals are likely different now...

Hi Don how long ago did you get that quote? I just got one for much higher at the same terms? Who did you deal with? I will sign for that one...

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I need to replace my lease return in the next few days.......WHO IS offering the New Loaded Volt Premier at 0 down & 300 month TODAY??
Please advise??
thans
Sorry for the delay, Freemont or Capital (San Jose)...Many reported that they still had to go back and forth between the two to go that low...However, even their original offers are reportedly extremely low...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts