GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
This is really kind of fascinating. They want folks to leave so they can save money, and the money they save is going to be spent to accelerate their EV programs? !

·
Registered
16,17 volt
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and the world is only at 2% EV's (that the last count i saw)
i cant help but think, some where in GM head quarters; in some room in the back, where the sun never shines, a lonely light bulb turned on, in some ones head and spurted out the words " i have a plan ":)
what was the name of the gal that took over the electrical side ?

·
Administrator
21,026 Posts
They know that the business is cyclical and are prepping for the rain day's ahead. They are at a high point now, eventually sales will go down.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Interesting, 1/3 of the salaried workers have 12 years or more experience. Like football, must be a young person's game.

·
Registered
897 Posts
This is really kind of fascinating. They want folks to leave so they can save money, and the money they save is going to be spent to accelerate their EV programs? !
They have been hiring people on the EV and autonomous side. Cruise keeps growing, for example. The people they want to leave are more senior employees not trained in those disciplines.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Evs and Avs are the future. The Volt and Bolt were not to sell as much as to not be left behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
21,026 Posts
Maybe GM should look at Chevy "marketing". If it's not a truck, the dinosaurs there don't know what do do with it. While EV's and AV's are the future, today the Volt and Bolt don't exist as far as the "marketing" department is concerned.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Engineers, factory, service support people are what contribute to making money. Paper pushers (a necessary evil) are the drag on those profits and that includes middle managers. That's were you look at cutting costs. Also older workers are usually make more for doing that same work it makes sense to get rid of them first before they build up a lot of pension benefits. That works the same in other industries such as computer gaming companies etc. especially the newer start ups as opposed the bigger older ones like Microsoft and the like.

·
Registered
16,17 volt
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe GM should look at Chevy "marketing". If it's not a truck, the dinosaurs there don't know what do do with it. While EV's and AV's are the future, today the Volt and Bolt don't exist as far as the "marketing" department is concerned.
maybe its the dinosaurs they are trying to get rid of

1 - 11 of 11 Posts