GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the latest issue of New Roads today and it has a couple of articles about the Bolt.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Solar boy and the cop. Can't say I like it as a cop car, but that's more about how they wrap 'em there. It might be cooler as a black-and-white.

The Bolt theme got the cover too.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I read thru that issue this afternoon as well. Glad to see the Bolt getting some attention. Makes sense to me for police departments or any other public service vehicles that travel within the EV range during the day and "return to port" for charging back up overnight.
Always bothers me when I see police cruisers just sitting by the side of the road "idling".....what a waste of fuel and un-necessary production of pollution. We have very capable EV options now and more coming all the time.

·
Administrator
20,223 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
The Bolt EV police crusier article mentioned lower fuel costs, but it completely missed the biggest impact of EVs in fleet operations - maintenance. Motor pools won't need nearly as many mechanics if they were EV based.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
LAPD purchased a fleet of BMW i3 EVs and the majority of these EVs were not being used as intended, stayed parked.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
LAPD purchased a fleet of BMW i3 EVs and the majority of these EVs were not being used as intended, stayed parked.
That's a management problem - LAPD needs better fleet management.

·
Administrator
20,223 Posts

·
Registered
13,672 Posts
I'd much rather have a Suburban or Impala with the Boltec treatment than the Bolt. Better yet, give us the Chevy SS with Boltec or Voltec. I'm sure the local finest would love to be cruising around in one of those. Heck, I'll even take a Camaro with Boltec or Voltec. Is that asking too much?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I'd much rather have a Suburban or Impala with the Boltec treatment than the Bolt. Better yet, give us the Chevy SS with Boltec or Voltec. I'm sure the local finest would love to be cruising around in one of those. Heck, I'll even take a Camaro with Boltec or Voltec. Is that asking too much?
Obviously the answer is Yes. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts